G250 breathes great no purge????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The legs on the lever shouldn't be parallel to the diaphragm? They were bent down so that only the back of the lever was touching and the purge button had to push the diaphragm farther down to reach the front of the legs before it would move it.

unless you bent them in taking it apart, there should never be a reason to modify them.... there is an occasional one that requires the feet (the tabs that hook the poppet) to be adjusted...

The legs on the lever shouldn't be parallel to the diaphragm? They were bent down so that only the back of the lever was touching and the purge button had to push the diaphragm farther down to reach the front of the legs before it would move it.

Legs, arms, feet....I think we are getting lost in translations again. If you've bent the prongs that touch the diaphragm (I call them arms because prongs just doesn't sound like something I'd want in my regulator) you may have solved the problem. But, if we're talking about the feet that move the poppet, you have to be real careful. Herman makes a tool to make that adjustment correctly.

levertoolafter.jpg

It's hard for me to tell from your pictures, but the diaphragm should sit something like this (this is a 109 and the lever is above the case) I think the G250 lever is just even with the case, but I think the diaphragm should look the same after adjusting.

109%20lever%20height%20diaphragm%20installed_zpstjbiftrs.jpg

Perhaps someone (I vote for Buddhasummer) will post a picture of a correctly adjusted lever in a G250 case with the cover off.

At any rate, I'm a little bit concerned about the bending you've done. We don't know how it got bent in the first place, so I'll make you this offer: PM me with your snail mail address and I'll send you a lever that I've adjusted on the proper tool or a new one.

So this is what it looks like afterwards. The prongs? are just straightened out and not bent out past where they should be. I have no idea how they got bent down since it took a reasonable amount of effort to make them straight again. Everything seems to be back in order and functioning well except that the exhaust valve makes quite a racket now but I suspect underwater it will have pressure on it to stop some of the noise.

@couv thank you for your offer. Take a look at the pictures above, this is the part that I adjusted. Let me know if it looks wrong to you if you have a good one to compare it to.

I don't have a G250HP to compare it to, but that actually looks pretty good.

The only question I have now is how do I stop that annoying quacking noise? It goes away if I loosen the cover so I'm guessing it's the diaphragm vibration against either the case or the lever. Is there something I can put between the case and the diaphragm or do I detune the reg so the lever lowers just a little? It's not the end of the world but after an hour or two I'll probably be ready to switch to my backup lol

Are you sure that's a SP diaphragm? You really should not need to bend those fingers (how's that for a descriptive term) and the angle is dependent on the specific lever. SP has updated this lever several times; the more recent ones seem a bit shorter with a steeper angle at the fingers. I'll bet it was not easy to bend them, they're fairly stiff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom