G250 breathes great no purge????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe your diaphragm is stiffer. The silicon ones can be sucked all the way down until it engages the lever.
Could be. my diaphram is rubber with a metal disc in the center.

I had to back out the orifice quite a bit to get the cracking effort down to a point I was happy with it. I am guessing here since I still haven't taken the reg back apart, that based on the comments above I have lowered the lever to the point that the purge button barley contacts the lever when pressed but the soft silicone diaphragm is able to open the valve in less than an inch of water. Tomorrow when I open it up I'll get some pictures to help clarify what I am looking at. Thank you all so much for your input!

I had to back out the orifice quite a bit to get the cracking effort down to a point I was happy with it. I am guessing here since I still haven't taken the reg back apart, that based on the comments above I have lowered the lever to the point that the purge button barley contacts the lever when pressed but the soft silicone diaphragm is able to open the valve in less than an inch of water. Tomorrow when I open it up I'll get some pictures to help clarify what I am looking at. Thank you all so much for your input!

If you've backed the orifice out you've increased the lever height not lowered it. The plot thickens...

I think he's just using different terminology. He said he "backed out" to "lower" cracking

Just throwing an offer out there...should you wish to convert it to S-wing poppet I can get all the parts to guarantee a perfectly functioning G250, let me know. I use a specific selection of parts from which I get 100% consistent results. Having said that solving your mystery issue is way more fun.

Watch the video and glad that I had never ventured out from Apeks. No need for any special tool for the 2nd stage and no clips to remove or to lose by accident. Are those clips included in the service kit(G250)?

Watch the video and glad that I had never ventured out from Apeks. No need for any special tool for the 2nd stage and no clips to remove or to lose by accident. Are those clips included in the service kit(G250)?

Which clips are you referring to? There are two. The small "c" clip for the flow vane is included in the kits from VDH but not if you buy a SP kit, Bryan's kits are made up specifically for the G250, the SP ones are not. The "D" clip that holds the adjuster in is not in the kit but as is the same as a G250V you can still get them but unless terribly bent or corroded it's not a part that often needs replacing.

Once you "see the light" the G250 is one of the simplest balanced second stages to service, simpler than an Apeks 50/100/200.

I have finally seen the light.

One of the beauties of the G250 is for those of us who cannot gauge cracking by feel you don't actually need a gauge to tune them. All that is required is one flat head screwdriver. Ditto the 156/BA which uses 2 less O rings and no flow vane.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom