G2 computer issue with transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adam Z.

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you for your advice with my issue.

I have G2 computer from scubapro + transmitter like 2 years - never been any problem with them till now. My computer stoped showing the pressure in my tank. So i decided to change the battery inside the transmitter, this didn't help.

When I am really close witth my computer to transmitter the computer shows the pressure corectly, but after i reach the water from shore the prossure disappears.

Another thought was pair again the transmitter - this also didn't help.

Next step was change the transmitter with my buddy. We changed transmitters, he take main and I take his transmitter - again we did pairing with transmitters, this went well - after what we reach the surface his computer start showing pressure and my didn't. After dive we found out, that his computer pair with his transmitter on my automatic.

I will be glad for any ideas or possibilities, or wha to try to found out what is an issue.

Sounds like something is off in your wrist unit. Just take it to a Scubapro dealer and have them send it in for service. I've had good results with Scubapro service.

Thank you for your answer - today I was in swimming pool so I have a new edit:

I borrowed brand new transmitter from our local dive center - in this center i did pairing with this new transmitter.

At the pool on surface I set up my gear, start my G2 computer and the pressure showed up on display. Then i was like 20 min on surface and then jumped in water, but the computer didn't show pressure in tank - so I assume that something is with computer.

I've had a lot of issues as well. It worked well for a while but then it stopped. Came on again when I changed modes but then went away again.
Uploading to Subsurface still show that the pressure was registered though.

Have never had these issues with two transmitters with Shearwater Nerd.

I'll guess the antenna in your wrist unit, broken wire or something. I had this problem with a Teric. I would get the tank pressure when the computer and transmitter were essentially touching, nothing when they were separated a short distance. I hope your computer is under warranty.

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you for your advice with my issue.

I have G2 computer from scubapro + transmitter like 2 years - never been any problem with them till now. My computer stoped showing the pressure in my tank. So i decided to change the battery inside the transmitter, this didn't help.

When I am really close witth my computer to transmitter the computer shows the pressure corectly, but after i reach the water from shore the prossure disappears.

Another thought was pair again the transmitter - this also didn't help.

Next step was change the transmitter with my buddy. We changed transmitters, he take main and I take his transmitter - again we did pairing with transmitters, this went well - after what we reach the surface his computer start showing pressure and my didn't. After dive we found out, that his computer pair with his transmitter on my automatic.

I will be glad for any ideas or possibilities, or wha to try to found out what is an issue.
Hey there! Just experienced the same exact thing, and the computer was purchased July of 2022 and has only 14 dives on it so I’m very upset. Hoping to get an update as to what happened with your situation, please and thank you. I’m considering just getting rid of the transmitter altogether cause dealing with this has sucked

Hey there! Just experienced the same exact thing, and the computer was purchased July of 2022 and has only 14 dives on it so I’m very upset. Hoping to get an update as to what happened with your situation, please and thank you. I’m considering just getting rid of the transmitter altogether cause dealing with this has sucked
You’re in the warranty period, sounds like you don’t dive much so even if the repair takes a while you’ll be ok.

You’re in the warranty period, sounds like you don’t dive much so even if the repair takes a while you’ll be ok.
I do now though 😔….12 of those 14 dives have been within the last 2 months. I want to figure out if it’s the computer or the transmitter before I send the computer in. Scubapro should send people rentals in situations like this, I thought they’re “the best” 😒 not impressed. And being that I can’t send anything directly to scubapro, the store should also be sending me a shipping label, not requesting I foot the bill for the shipping…then they take it up with scubapro.

I do now though 😔….12 of those 14 dives have been within the last 2 months. I want to figure out if it’s the computer or the transmitter before I send the computer in. Scubapro should send people rentals in situations like this, I thought they’re “the best” 😒 not impressed. And being that I can’t send anything directly to scubapro, the store should also be sending me a shipping label, not requesting I foot the bill for the shipping…then they take it up with scubapro.
They make good computers but shearwater is the standard and no one does customer service like SW.

do you know anyone with a scubapro computer and transmitter that will let you try pairing your G2 to to trouble shoot?

I had about the same thing happen to my G2. Ended up sending it back to SCUBAPRO and they found that there was a leak in the unit. It must have been a incredibly small leak as everything but the pressure transmitter, pressure read out worked. SCUBAPRO replaced the whole thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom