G.U.T.S. Backplates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amphibious

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
does anyone have any exp with these plates? I'm thinking of getting one if he cam make me a heavy plate (9-10lbs).

Gary's plates look pretty nice. I'd post this in the BC forum but I really don't what to hear what every PADI OW diver has to say about his favorite BP.

Willer

They look quite similar to a Halcyon plate but do not have the bends in the lower corners... nor do they have the handlhold slots FredT has in his plates.

The webbing Gary uses is slightly less stiff than the belting on a Halcyon plate.

gary's plates are well made and VERY comfortable!

his prices are really good, and gary is a great guy to deal with.

I just got one of Gary's aluminum plates. Looks and feels great although I haven't had time to dive it yet. Before he sent it he told me he was heading down to Florida for a couple of weeks starting 2/1.

Tony

He is realy great to deal with. I have one of his AL plates. They come all rigged, you just have to adjust the webbing. He uses SS waist buckel as well. Can't beat the price or the service.

Eric

Eric - are you the same guy as on the AlbertaScuba board? I was just about to post there.....

Willer

Gary also sells a backup light which is almost identical to a Scout - same head, delrin body, but rougher knurling on the body, which I like a little better than the Scout.

His spools seem to be indistinguishable from Halcyon's, and his reels are very similar.

I also bought his tank bands, which seem to be excellent quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom