???Future of Open Circuit Mixed Gas and Rebreather Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you ever tried making a similar dive with Helium? If so, did you notice a difference? If no, what makes you think there wouldn't be one?
People diving deep air choose to deal with the narcosis instead of eliminating it with helium,

If thats the case don't do the 60m course, it may not suit you.
TDI HQ has twice attempted to nix the course due to a disagreement in the safety associated with allowing it to be taught. Unfortunately, a very small vocal minority of instructors freaked out. At this point, I’d guess they’re simply waiting for those of that generation to retire. IANTD eliminated their deep air course a long time ago, with their current Tek Lite being limited to 40m and their A.R.T limiting END to 30m. I don’t know that CMAS has changed their *** yet

TDI HQ has twice attempted to nix the course due to a disagreement in the safety associated with allowing it to be taught. Unfortunately, a very small vocal minority of instructors freaked out. At this point, I’d guess they’re simply waiting for those of that generation to retire. IANTD eliminated their deep air course a long time ago, with their current Tek Lite being limited to 40m and their A.R.T limiting END to 30m. I don’t know that CMAS has changed their *** yet
There’s lots of diving instructors willing to teach 60m air diving, they’re just not willing to come on here and listen to the hater’s. Can’t say I’d blame them.

There’s lots of diving instructors willing to teach 60m air diving, they’re just not willing to come on here and listen to the hater’s. Can’t say I’d blame them.
🥱

I am curious tbh,
I am curious, how do you beat the holes in remembering the dives.

@Celt

Why are you advocating for air to 60m in the REBREATHER forum?

You’re either narc’d right now or trolling.

I am curious tbh,

I am curious, how do you beat the holes in remembering the dives.
It’s a red herring, when working deep I had no problem describing exactly what I had done to the next diver in. You work slowly and methodically to a strict dive plan. Where the memory loss may have come from is the use of video as diving deep on air causes peripheral vision loss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom