???Future of Open Circuit Mixed Gas and Rebreather Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnotherDiverHere

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello ScubaBoard,

As some of you know, and to those unaware, I am the host of Off Gassing: A Scuba Podcast. I started a series: Round Table Discussions. The goal is to bring together groups of divers to create conversations about various topics.

I would like to create another Round Table with the topic,
Future of Open Circuit Mixed Gas and Rebreather Diving:

What are some questions you would ask?
What are your thoughts on the subject?

If you would be interested in participating in a Round Table Discussion, please let me know.

I was able to get together a few groups on the topic of solo diving and a teaching question I had.
Volunteers Wanted for Round Table Discussions
Teaching Question

Some episodes have been released and more are on the way.

Cheers,

Nick

Be interested to know what it costs to get started with CCR.

How did the Solo discussion go? I'm sorry I couldn't make it, but my only internet at the moment is my phone and I'm not even sure my computer will run the recording software if I did have a connection.

Hello ScubaBoard,

As some of you know, and to those unaware, I am the host of Off Gassing: A Scuba Podcast. I started a series: Round Table Discussions. The goal is to bring together groups of divers to create conversations about various topics.

I would like to create another Round Table with the topic,
Future of Open Circuit Mixed Gas and Rebreather Diving:
Outside pockets of the US where Helium is available and relatively inexpensive, there is no future for OC mixed gas. So that element of the roundtable is moot.

How did the Solo discussion go? I'm sorry I couldn't make it, but my only internet at the moment is my phone and I'm not even sure my computer will run the recording software if I did have a connection.
All good no worries. The first group of discussions went well. I posted one this past Monday and more will be released the following Mondays. I am excited about next weeks group.

Link to Round Table Solo Diving:
Round Table Discussion: Solo Diving - Off Gassing: A Scuba Podcast

Outside pockets of the US where Helium is available and relatively inexpensive, there is no future for OC mixed gas. So that element of the roundtable is moot.
I had the same thought because of rising costs of helium.

I wanted to bring it to the table thinking there is value to learn the skills involved when taking a course.

As someone who is just getting there foot in the door of this world, its seems to me that certain parties still very much value the skill set that can be taken away from OC mixed gas diving. Whereas other parties seem ready to leave it in the past and move forward.

I thought of the comparing OC Mixed Gas to Oxy/Acetylene welding. When we we learning it, the instructor told us, this is a dying practice but there is still value in learning it.

Be interested to know what it costs to get started with CCR.

This is GUE centric but has a lot of info and you can deduce what it would cost you with another agency.

I didn’t read it recently but I don’t think it includes the cost of a few tiny tidbits you’ll find practical.

What is "the future?" 2024? 2030? even 2035 is less than a dozen years away right now. Some of us have been diving far far longer than that already.

Would be interesting to know what’s the forward curve for helium, I.e. is it forecasted by the market to go lower at some point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom