???Future of Open Circuit Mixed Gas and Rebreather Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My classmate last year (mod 1) was diving a 20 year old Kiss Classic he’d bought used from someone who had done restoration work on it. mCCR, so no electronics to worry about. The computer was a Shearwater Predator, no longer supported, but on mCCR the computer is just an O2 monitor. Easy enough for someone to update the sensor head from Fischer to 4 pin connectors for the newest computer (Petrel 3). I even know a few Kiss Classic divers using non-Shearwater computers.

Why would I want to do air at 60m. The point is to enjoy the dive and remember what I saw. On air at 60m neither of those are accomplished (very well).
Do you mean, On air at 60m neither of those are accomplished for you. If thats the case don't do the 60m course, it may not suit you.

Do you mean, On air at 60m neither of those are accomplished for you. If thats the case don't do the 60m course, it may not suit you.
Realistically most people that are diving deep air and claim no ill effects are either full of cr-p, have no idea they're narced, or shrug it off because they don't want to admit it. I'm sure that comment will anger a few people but I don't care because its accurate.
I would stick my neck out and say that 95% of people diving deep air are narced. They're just too narced or hardheaded to realize it.

Realistically most people that are diving deep air and claim no ill effects are either full of cr-p, have no idea they're narced, or shrug it off because they don't want to admit it. I'm sure that comment will anger a few people but I don't care because its accurate.
I would stick my neck out and say that 95% of people diving deep air are narced. They're just too narced or hardheaded to realize it.
For me that just means you don’t know what you’re talking about. Not angry at all.

For me that just means you don’t know what you’re talking about. Not angry at all.
To each his own. You're entiteld to your opinion, even if imo its very wrong. My opinion of deep air divers is the same you have about me and my comment. As grant said, you may have some magical physiology. I'd love to see you test in a video. We can do that classic "deep dive" test padi does where you do some tasks on the surface. Then repeat at depth and see how it goes. If you were in florida, I'd pay for some helium for you to try a third time. I'm sure there would be wild differences.
Then again, it appears you're irish. Isn't the national past time being half cocked out your mind anyway? Maybe it's the "training" that happens in the pub. (that is entirely a joke and not what I think of the Irish)

Then again, it appears you're irish. Isn't the national past time being half cocked out your mind anyway? Maybe it's the "training" that happens in the pub. (that is entirely a joke and not what I think of the Irish)
It suits an imbecile to put a label on someone, they then only have to read it.

Have you ever tried making a similar dive with Helium? If so, did you notice a difference? If no, what makes you think there wouldn't be one?

• Bullseye!
Reactions: L13

Back
Top Bottom