Future of Canister lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, that hurts. fortunately I got it for way less and the quality convinced me.
But I do not want to get into advertising a specific thing... it was just meant of an example of a wrist mounted light with a long runtime. I guess 11- 72hrs should be enough for most cave dives ;-)

It is so easy to carry a backup primary light in the dry suit pocket when you use a hand held light. In caves it gives you way more burn time than most of us ever need easily carrying two primary lights.

For those of us teaching cave it gives us another advantage of handing off a primary light to a student who has a primary light failure.

Cannister lights are a thing of may past...

Tbone in fact it es rather high-priced. Manufactured in Switzerland ;-)
It was also only meant as an example that the traditional hip mounted canisters are not the only way to get a long runtimne and a high (enough) output. Of course you can have more lumen, but I have to admit that I found them to be reasonable enough.

What made the lamp interesting for me, was the overall package, not the amount of lumens

the package size is certainly intriguing but that price puts it way out of the realm of realistic.

As I said, I dont think we should discuss the particular light in this thread, it was more an example that a long runtime etc. is possible without the need for a huge hip mounten canister. Everyone should decide for himself what he wants to use.

As a matter of fact I found it quite funny that an possible instructor told me that I absolutely need to have a light with a cord, but could give ne ne valid reason for the WHY?

As I said, I dont think we should discuss the particular light in this thread, it was more an example that a long runtime etc. is possible without the need for a huge hip mounten canister. Everyone should decide for himself what he wants to use.

As a matter of fact I found it quite funny that an possible instructor told me that I absolutely need to have a light with a cord, but could give ne ne valid reason for the WHY?

Then chose another instructor.

Why I prefer a corded light-head:

I dive in a deep dark lake @ the limit of whatever banked nitrox I'm using. I often cannot see the bottom with a LM 21 watt light when I go straight out @ the beginning of the forest (where they stopped bulldozing the downward slope). If I drop my light,say, switching hands to read my pressure gauge, I can't (comfortably) go get it so I like having a cord as a tether. It is also very handy around my neck while I'm fiddling around something (like a camera) using both hands. Again, I can't just go get the light if I drop it.

Last edited:
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom