Future Colorado Dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt and I are planning on diving locally on Sunday. Either Halligan or Pinegree park area. PM me if you can join us and we'll make a meeting time and place.

I'm interested in going, but I do not have an inflatable raft, although that would be so much fun doing! I am interesting in Comanche Res but i'll do anything ( just my 2 psi) is there any way I could catch a ride?
I guess I'll send a PM

Yeah send a pm and I'll give you my email and ph #.

The reason that we need an inflateable at Halligan is because the road accesses only the very beginning and shalllow area of the lake. There is no path along the shore. We would drive in and park at the parking lot. Inflate a couple of rafts and row out to an area that looks good. I'd say about 400 yards from where we would enter the water. A diveyak would be ideal.

Pingree park/Comanchee looks like the easiest logistics, so maybe thats what we should tackle on Sunday. If the diving looks bogus, at least we could hike around and make it worth the trip up there.

Well shoot diver dog, I was going to offer to join you in exploring some of these timberline lakes until I saw your nobama flyer! Now I have to question your level of judgement and how safe it might be to dive with you! :wink:

Well, so be it - I won't hold it against yall. I guess we'll just see what we'll see.

On the timberline lake diving out here - you guys should consider making up a diving guide of some sort if you get organized on this, like the rock climbing guides. You could be inventing a whole new avenue in the sport with a distinctly Colorado twist, trekking into hard to reach locations with the dive gear. You could do a coffee table book similar to those about bagging fourteenters. That'd be pretty neat. Folks aren't flying and traveling as much lately for vacations, so it could really take off with local divers. Someone told me CO has more dive shops per capita than any other state?

I'l refrain from adding an obama flyer here, so as not to incite a riot. Besides, I'm sure you'll be seeing penty of that name for a long time to come anyway.:coffee:

If we see plenty of that name to come local diving will be all we can afford.

Too much of my time here on Scubaboard is spent in "the pub" where there are a lot of hot political discussions. My nobama tag line is there for effect when I'm in "the pub." I don't want it to separate any of our Rocky Mountain Oyster gang.
So lets talk diving in our RMO forum. Join "The Regulars" to get into the pub, and we'll duke it out there.

Do you folks think you could possibly quit quibbling over who is 'mod' and who is censoring and put out some useful information?

Well, so be it - I won't hold it against yall. I guess we'll just see what we'll see.

On the timberline lake diving out here - you guys should consider making up a diving guide of some sort if you get organized on this, like the rock climbing guides. You could be inventing a whole new avenue in the sport with a distinctly Colorado twist, trekking into hard to reach locations with the dive gear. You could do a coffee table book similar to those about bagging fourteenters. That'd be pretty neat. Folks aren't flying and traveling as much lately for vacations, so it could really take off with local divers. Someone told me CO has more dive shops per capita than any other state?

I'l refrain from adding an obama flyer here, so as not to incite a riot. Besides, I'm sure you'll be seeing penty of that name for a long time to come anyway.:coffee:

Don't worry, I see his mug every day as they painted wall portraits all over Denver for the DNC. There is a huge one at 18th and Champa.

Back
Top Bottom