Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I follow all those health warnings dishing out by various Gov or health organizations, I would be rotting at home.
Which country in SE Asia has no health warning regarding diseases, insurgent etc etc.
Southern Thailand is dangerous and so is Mindanao in Philippines. The central Highland in PNG is risky and malaria is rampage as well!
And I am still alive and kicking!

PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc: 36th ASEAN Summit a success | ASEAN | Vietnam+ (VietnamPlus)

Great progress with ASEAN yesterday in regards to Indonesian President bringing up travel bubbles to kick start business & tourism in the region again. And plans to resolve South China Sea issues by peaceful negotiations

...but on the same day, someone's decided to go to great lengths to disrupt the progress in the region

'Shifting US Military From Europe to Counter Chinese Threat to India, Southeast Asia': Mike Pompeo

I hope return to travel & "new normal" doesn't become more than just about covid & health

If I follow all those health warnings dishing out by various Gov or health organizations, I would be rotting at home.
Which country in SE Asia has no health warning regarding diseases, insurgent etc etc.
Southern Thailand is dangerous and so is Mindanao in Philippines. The central Highland in PNG is risky and malaria is rampage as well!
And I am still alive and kicking!
A warning is in general what is says. "warning". Or usually an advice. It is seldom a strict: Not allowed to go there. Never smoke or you go to jail. Take your Malaria profylaxis or never come back.

Same parent company ie SQ.
Even SQ requires bail out from its own Government, same applies to CX!
Singapore Airline had only 49% of the shares.

With the EU slated to start removing travel advisories for their own citizens and reopening for non-EU citizens, the details start to emerge. Besides the fact that the posibility fo travelling should be reciprocal between countries, the follwoing rules are likly to apply:

- 7 day case incidence of up to or less that 16 per 100k population (this is the current average of the EU) during the last 14 days
- declining or at least flat case incidence during the last 14 days
- a protocol for testing, tracing and isolation that is deemed by the EU to be "trustworthy"

Apparently there are currently 18 countries that the EU deems "save" to be published on July 1st; South Korea and Newsealand are probably going to make the list, US and Brazilia definately not. The list will be reviewd every 14 days and adjusted accordingly.

MAB, AirAsia to increase capacity as demand soars

AirAsia is also looking forward to the reopening of international borders by the governments in the world to allow air transportation to resume, said Fernandes.

“AirAsia’s website is experiencing (a) traffic growth of 170%. Some of the most popular routes booked include....Jakarta to Denpasar and Medan for Indonesia,” the statement read.

Preleminary list of countries whose citizens may enter teh EU again:
Algerien, Australien, Georgien, Japan, Kanada, Marokko, Montenegro, Neuseeland, Ruanda, Serbien, Südkorea, Thailand, Tunesien und Uruguay
Yes, HK and Taiwan are missing, but due to politics the do not count as countries

Preleminary list of countries whose citizens may enter teh EU again:
Algerien, Australien, Georgien, Japan, Kanada, Marokko, Montenegro, Neuseeland, Ruanda, Serbien, Südkorea, Thailand, Tunesien und Uruguay
Yes, HK and Taiwan are missing, but due to politics the do not count as countries
Any idea why Vietnam is not included?

Back
Top Bottom