Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You obviously neither understand what you are talking about nor do you want to take any input.
I am being rude because your approach to the subject is rude: you are pushing false and dangerous information onto people who might think you have something valuable to add to the conversation. You do not. You have a closed mind and a biased viewpoint. You are now trolling the thread to get responses. It is not appreciated by those of us who think for a living.

I'm sorry but you are actually lying in regards to pushing false & dangerous information...I have posted direct links to Canadian public health website on covid-19, and also links to British Columbia CDC covid-19 public health website. If you used your brain instead of being close minded on this subject try and actually read your own government's advice on symptoms and treatment, I'll bet you that your government's covid-19 website will be practically the same in regards to symptoms, treatment and prevention...unless you are saying that the government's are pushing false and dangerous information. I think you'd better get thinking

And by the way, I hate trolls. I don't have social media also

The problem here in Italy was exactly caused by the fact that the symptoms are mild, so they do not provide adequate warning. People here died in thousands for this. They were just thinking that it was a normal flu, some fever, some coughing, no problem.
In 4-7 days the situation worsen slightly, but not severely. And then suddenly in a couple of hours your lungs stop working, and you die.
The situation was made worst by the fact that the advice given here was to NOT go to hospital with mild symptoms, to stay at home and to stay insulated by others. So no medical treatment was applied when the infection was still mild.
Having stronger symptoms had forced more people to seek for medical help, and to ask for it earlier. The mildness of symptoms was the real killer of this virus...
As we made so many errors, and we did pay a tribute in human lifes, and also in permanently damaged lungs, hearts, and even brains, I warmly suggest you in other countries: look at what happened here. Avoid to repeat our errors. Do not underestimate the consequences, based on the fact that the symptoms are mild.

Things will be back to normal very soon. Millions of people are marching side by side all around the world without fear, it's actually a catalyst for a return to normality

Take care brother

I'm sorry but you are actually lying in regards to pushing false & dangerous information...I have posted direct links to Canadian public health website on covid-19, and also links to British Columbia CDC covid-19 public health website. If you used your brain instead of being close minded on this subject try and actually read your own government's advice on symptoms and treatment, I'll bet you that your government's covid-19 website will be practically the same in regards to symptoms, treatment and prevention...unless you are saying that the government's are pushing false and dangerous information. I think you'd better get thinking

Unfortuntely I can confirm that our government, here in Italy, initially was giving the very same false and "tranqullising" information.
We were told that the symptoms are the same as a flu, that it was not the case to go to the doctor or to the hospital. We were told to stay at home, get some anti-piretic and wait calmly that the flu-like infection passes.
This was actually happening to many, but not to all. People of all ages, even very young, found themselves suffocating without any significant alarm. This caused thousands of causalities, most of them could have been avoided if medical treatment was applied before the sudden respiratory crisis.
Now we have understood that even with very mild symptoms people must be tested, and if positive, hospitalised. So when the crisis occurs (statistically only to 10-20% of them), you are already in the hospital, and proper emergency treatment can save your life, and avoid the permanent damages occurring staying without oxygen for some time...

Things will be back to normal very soon. Millions of people are marching side by side all around the world without fear, it's actually a catalyst for a return to normality

Take care brother
I really hope that we are now over it, really. But if it comes back, now we know better how to manage it.
What I do not understand is why so many other countries are repeating our errors. We were the first, of course our government was unprepared, and our doctors were trying more to avoid panic instead of providing proper warning. Their greater concern was avoiding thousands of infected patients in the hospitals, which were collapsing.
These errors caused a lot of damages. But there was no previews experience...
What I do not get is why the very same errors are being done now in other countries, who continue describing the infection as a mild flu, and recommending not to take immediate action.
Why are these other countries not taking advantage of the knowledge of our errors? How many thousands people have yet to die in these countries, before their government learns the lesson? I mean Brasil, Sweden, etc...

Take care brother
Or perhaps there will be an influx of new cases. Or maybe not. Or maybe this has a seasonal aspect to it. No one knows for sure right now.

I have posted direct links to Canadian public health website on covid-19, and also links to British Columbia CDC covid-19 public health website.
Yes, that is what you've done. And then you have put your spin on it. It is your spin that is full of BS.
Frankly, you sound just like Donald Trump.
Just a few examples from this thread:
But yes, covid-19 like all other coronaviruses will become mild like a common cold

I've never had a flu vaccine, and have never considered getting one. I'd rather just deal with the flu, as a vaccine far from guarantees getting sick from all different types of flu anyway

Overwhelming elderly, vulnerable and already ill people causing them great stress & anxiety, isolating them in their homes, away from physical contact from their families, terrorising them 24/7 with news stories of the "killer virus", "zombie apocalypse", space suits & gas masks... in my opinion had a negative effect on their health, especially in elderly people with heart conditions, were probably overwhelmed & scared to death when they got coronavirus, & probably lost fighting spirit thinking they had no hope to survive

I understand. But if they can release official death tolls to the public that were factually grossely inflated, riddled with errors... what's to say that their excess mortality toll isn't misleading and inaccurate as their other publicly released statistics?

Coronaviruses in history have shown to weaken to become a permanent common cold throughout the world at any time of the year

Also coronaviruses are slow to mutate.

according to some people it can instantaneously kill people in grocery stores.

it's not an evil boogie man virus that'll kill you instantly if you leave the safety of your home

Spanish flu and Hong Kong flu, I can think that at the top of my head without needing a scientific source...just those 2 flu's alone killed between 20-50 million people

You don't need data for the obvious

You know I was being sarcastic, in response to all the extreme pessimism being posted here

Things will be back to normal very soon.

As Germany has been mentioned a couple of times, I'd like to add some perspective.
First, it is important to understand that in Germany there is no nation wide authority in this. There are ultimate responsibilty is with the Landkreis (a rural district or county) or a city, and we have 401 of them. They organise testing, quarantine and all other measures. They then report to their respective "Bundesland" (state) which then is supposed to send all data to RKI (kind of a German CDC). So you can imagie that by the time the numbers are in the official statistic, some time will be lost. Also, different rules for who get's a test etc. apply.
Having said that, there are some guidelines set forth by RKI in regards to testing and counting deaths.

Testing:
- Either having been in contact with another person that is known to be infected or with a high likelyhood been exposed to an infected person
- Showing signs of a could or symtops related to CoVid-19.
- Test capacity is well above 1 millon tests per week, with around 350K to 400k actually done. Plans are underway to use them better, especially with countinous testing in high risk facilities like hospitals and care homes
- Number of tests is only reported by RKI once a week on their Wednesday publication, so the numbers given by various websites are not always up-to-date. As of 7.6.20 estimate is at 55k tests per million
- Positive test rate has been dropping and is currently around 0.5%

Deaths:
- if you are diagnosed with CoVid-19 or a post mortem shows an infection, you are counted as a CoVid-19 death. This obviously excludes pepople run over by a car or having a knife sticking out of your back :D
- death are classed into "died with" and "died of"; the first having a definte other cause of death where CoVid-19 might have pushed you over the edge, the later CoVid-19 being deemed the primary cause
- There has been an overmortality between mid-March to May; but for the the year to date no overmortality shows (so far)

Hope that puts some of the numbers into perspective, and with numbers in Germany dropping and most new cases being defined clusters I do hope that the worst is behind us and that other countries will follow. Purely for personal reasons I bet that in December travel to and from Indonesia is posible again and I'm looking forward to all the nice countries that are on my list to either visit the first time or re-vist.

Stay all save but with a (physical) distance :cool: and Happy Diving to all of us.

With that kind of attitude, no wonder that they're terrified

Not an attitude a fact. These are people that have had serious life threatening illnesses that required hospital care for months. Their chances of surviving COVID is virtually nil.

Yes, that is what you've done. And then you have put your spin on it. It is your spin that is full of BS.
Frankly, you sound just like Donald Trump.
Just a few examples from this thread:

Coronavirus seems to mutate much slower than seasonal flu | Live Science

The coronavirus mutates more slowly than the flu — which means a vaccine will likely be effective long-term

The 1918 Flu Pandemic Was Brutal, Killing More Than 50 Million People Worldwide

Covid-19: 'We have to assume the virus has attenuated'

Covid-19 has likely become less potent as it mutates over time, and hopefully one day will become a common cold virus,
a New Zealand, London-based professor says.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom