Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Downunderwater Dan,

Here is another article that agrees with your quoted statement that SARS-Cov-2 may be mutating and weakening as SARS-Cov-1 did. I have been reading for months that this is the lifecycle of similar viruses.

Doctors around world say COVID-19 may be losing its potency, becoming less deadly

Case counts keep going up but deaths are on a steady decline. The viral loads in patients are decreasing.
In my state of Ohio, more than 70% of the mortalities either died in a nursing home or were transferred from a nursing home to an ICU where they died. The vast majority were very elderly. People who live in a nursing home have a life expectancy of 6 months as a resident of that facility.

We need to lock-down the infirmed and younger people who have acute comorbidities. The data is pouring in. "The science" was wrong. Healthy people have little to fear from a weakening SARS-Cov-2.

Let's get on with our lives. My wife and I have.

cheers,
m²v2
And Good Luck to you, too.

I am pretty sure NO one would dare to come out and declare that this "chinese virus" would become less contiguous/potent etc etc over next few months.

I am just waiting for Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand to say yes to foreign tourists so I can go diving.

Hi Downunderwater Dan,

Here is another article that agrees with your quoted statement that SARS-Cov-2 may be mutating and weakening as SARS-Cov-1 did. I have been reading for months that this is the lifecycle of similar viruses.

Doctors around world say COVID-19 may be losing its potency, becoming less deadly

Case counts keep going up but deaths are on a steady decline. The viral loads in patients are decreasing.

In my state of Ohio, more than 70% of the mortalities either died in a nursing home or were transferred from a nursing home to an ICU where they died. The vast majority were very elderly. People who live in a nursing home have a life expectancy of 6 months as a resident of that facility.

We need to lock-down the infirmed and younger people who have acute comorbidities. The data is pouring in. "The science" was wrong. Healthy people have little to fear from a weakening SARS-Cov-2.

cheers,
m²v2
Not one single scientific peer reviewed study agrees with this. Correct me please if am wrong. However, in some countries he virus spreads slower. Which might be related to climate and/or culture. In many African countries 50% of the population is younger than 18 years old (compare this with North Italy). But data from Brazil and Mexico do not support the "opinion" tht the virus became less lethal.

As I said to the lady who doesn't believe in vaccines and thinks she got the virus in Mexico in December, Good Luck to you.
Hi Downunderwater Dan,

cheers,
m²v2

Great article! Thanks for sharing it

You make excellent points,

I myself have also been reading on the history & nature of human coronaviruses after going to Australia's, Canada's & USA's covid-19 public health advice websites at the very start of "pandemic" and reading the FACTS, not negative opinions in the media. Instead, I've been accused of spreading false & dangerous information by ignorant naysayers when I posted links to official government's covid-19 health advice websites.

It's no surprise to me at all that covid-19 is weakening towards a common cold, only at how fast it's already weakened. It was my personal held belief that covid-19 would steer towards becoming a common cold before these latest developments starting being posted online to the world

Let's get on with our lives

Dear Indah, please try to keep your business open to the best of your ability.

Cheers
Thanks a lot. We do what we can. And we still enjoy life a lot while trying.

Great article! Thanks for sharing it

You make excellent points,

I myself have also been reading on the history & nature of human coronaviruses after going to Australia's, Canada's & USA's covid-19 public health advice websites at the very start of "pandemic" and reading the FACTS, not negative opinions in the media. Instead, I've been accused of spreading false & dangerous information by ignorant naysayers when I posted links to official government's covid-19 health advice websites.

It's no surprise to me at all that covid-19 is weakening towards a common cold, only at how fast it's already weakened. It was my personal held belief that covid-19 would steer towards becoming a common cold before these latest developments starting being posted online to the world

Do you have links? All of this sounds like propaganda with no roots in reality.

Treatment and knowledge of the disease have also improved. There must be some "recoveries' vs deaths due to the medical improvements as well.

Do you have links? All of this sounds like propaganda with no roots in reality.

I've posted enough links mate. Do yourself a favour and start doing your own research. I don't have time anymore for ignorant naysayers

Great article!

When you make statements such as these as facts, people are going to call you out. Did you read this? Or do you only consider articles that support the narrative you want to be true?

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...ts-say-no-evidence-of-covid-19-losing-potency

Back
Top Bottom