Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a small correction "the flu is far more deadlier than any other coronaviruses in history" implies that influenza is caused by a coronavirus, which it is not. And I think you know that. So just a clarification for the record.

Cheers

The Public Health body I refer to is British Columbia

Symptoms

Symptoms of COVID-19
The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to other respiratory illnesses including the flu and common cold. They include:

• Fever
  • Chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath
  • Sore throat and painful swallowing
  • Stuffy or runny nose
  • Loss of sense of smell
  • Headache
  • Muscle aches
  • Fatigue
  • Loss of appetite

Certainly not terrifying symptoms

As a matter of fact, it doesn't mention anything about it being fatal, even on people at high risk page

Symptoms

Symptoms of COVID-19
The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to other respiratory illnesses including the flu and common cold. They include:

• Fever
  • Chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath
  • Stuffy or runny nose
  • Loss of sense of smell
  • Headache
  • Muscle aches
  • Fatigue
  • Loss of appetite

As a matter of fact, it doesn't mention anything about it being fatal, even on people at high risk page

COVID-19

*I mean priority population, not high risk...
I don't believe it's terrifying information as opposed to other illnesses

The Public Health body I refer to is British Columbia

From British Columbia CDC website link on mental health and anxiety with covid-19

As we think about and focus more on coronavirus, the PERCEPTION of threat increases (not the actualrisk but our perception of it). By limiting or eliminating contact with media you can help yourself manage your own anxiety and worry. If you cannot eliminate contact with media, control it: Make sure that your information only comes from reputable sources, such as:

• BC Centre for Disease Control
  • Government of Canada

Dear Indah, please try to keep your business open to the best of your ability.

Cheers

You know I was being sarcastic, in response to all the extreme pessimism being posted here

Symptoms

Symptoms of COVID-19

• Fever
  • Chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath
  • Stuffy or runny nose
  • Loss of sense of smell
  • Headache
  • Muscle aches
  • Fatigue
  • Loss of appetite

@DownUnderwater Dan Since you clearly do not even understand the difference between a symptom and a consequence, perhaps you ought to just shut up.

@DownUnderwater Dan Since you clearly do not even understand the difference between a symptom and a consequence, perhaps you ought to just shut up.
The problem here in Italy was exactly caused by the fact that the symptoms are mild, so they do not provide adequate warning. People here died in thousands for this. They were just thinking that it was a normal flu, some fever, some coughing, no problem.
In 4-7 days the situation worsen slightly, but not severely. And then suddenly in a couple of hours your lungs stop working, and you die.
The situation was made worst by the fact that the advice given here was to NOT go to hospital with mild symptoms, to stay at home and to stay insulated by others. So no medical treatment was applied when the infection was still mild.
Having stronger symptoms had forced more people to seek for medical help, and to ask for it earlier. The mildness of symptoms was the real killer of this virus...
As we made so many errors, and we did pay a tribute in human lifes, and also in permanently damaged lungs, hearts, and even brains, I warmly suggest you in other countries: look at what happened here. Avoid to repeat our errors. Do not underestimate the consequences, based on the fact that the symptoms are mild.

Obviously you don't see that a symptom is a consequence. Or is that too hard for your scientific mind to comprehend

Now, now no need to be rude
You obviously neither understand what you are talking about nor do you want to take any input.
I am being rude because your approach to the subject is rude: you are pushing false and dangerous information onto people who might think you have something valuable to add to the conversation. You do not. You have a closed mind and a biased viewpoint. You are now trolling the thread to get responses. It is not appreciated by those of us who think for a living.

Back
Top Bottom