Future advances in regulator design?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never saw none in the flesh, servo assisted as I recall, why did they go extinct- any issues that upset the punters?

The company went bankrupt or closed. Legend has it that the owner threw all the parts away,so the only parts available were what was already with dealers. By the mid-90s parts were pretty hard to find.

The big issue was a shallow water stutter with the original 2100 model, so they tried to detune latter models.

Never saw none in the flesh, servo assisted as I recall, why did they go extinct- any issues that upset the punters?
The early T2100 chromed metal bodied versions performed OK but by all accounts the later plastic bodied T2100B/BX suffered from hoop stress cracking of the plastic retaining collar which could result in loss of air. The collar on mine did crack, but I loved that reg so much had a mate machine up a replacement out of stainless steel which kept me diving it for a few more years till the primary tilt seat decayed and I reluctantly retired it.
It was an exceptional breather at depth.
The company got into financial difficulties due to related lawsuits, and yes all spares inventories were dumped... sadly!

Last edited:
That is one busy-assed reg.
Indeed it is... and there are even more tiny parts inside the LP tilt valve seat housing... I didn't have the special pin wrench to remove it at the time!

Keep in mind, it is not "the first" as the Pilot (ScubaPro) was a servo valve - actually a college engineering student's project they "bought". Why did it "die"? Too complex.....

The collar on mine did crack

I inherited one, early on, and due to complexity, put it away in a box (couldn't get it to breathe well). A few years back, I came across it, but the collar had cracked on it while in storage. I threw it in the trash....

Back
Top Bottom