Fusion Came today....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, it does look a little floppy on ya! Are you sure you couldn't have gone down a size? Trevor said there's so much space in the dry core layer that you can be slightly taller than stated in the chart and still fit just fine.

Its highly possible....but I dont have the money to bring in another one:wink: If I have anyone to buy this one(I smell a great deal:popcorn:), or that wants a L/ XL, then I would try that on or bring it in

As for the Tech skin, no I havent tried it yet, I dont think its available for a few more weeks. You can add a pee valve, just not a relief zipper....

Click on Relief System:
Whites Diving | Fusion Dive Suit

I wonder if they could make one for a tall fat boy? What do these usually run customized?

I wonder if they could make one for a tall fat boy? What do these usually run customized?

My Whites rep told me that because of the way the stretchiness accomodated different body types Whites does not see a need to offer this suit in Custom sizing. At 6'1" and a shade over 300 pounds every drysuit I have owned has been custom. I have a 3x coming in to try on. If it fits me I will endorse this as a "custom off the rack" suit.

My Whites rep told me that because of the way the stretchiness accomodated different body types Whites does not see a need to offer this suit in Custom sizing. At 6'1" and a shade over 300 pounds every drysuit I have owned has been custom. I have a 3x coming in to try on. If it fits me I will endorse this as a "custom off the rack" suit.

Well, I'm 6' 6" and 330lbs currently (working on that). White's size chart doesn't go up to 6' 6". So, I'm not sure that'd work. Want to send me the biggest one you get and let me try it on?

Well, I'm 6' 6" and 330lbs currently (working on that). White's size chart doesn't go up to 6' 6". So, I'm not sure that'd work. Want to send me the biggest one you get and let me try it on?

Just PMed the VP to find out for ya:wink:

Congrats on the new suit! You, too, will soon find it difficult to even think about diving in a different suit...even in warm water...

For the other folk's questions:

Yes, you can get a p-valve.

The tall fat guy suit would be the same as what us tall skinny guys wear. The lycra pulls in the excess and it looks like a custom suit either way. One of our local guys is my height (6'2"), and outweighs me by 60 lbs - enough so that he can't wear a weight belt, because it just falls off of him. He wears the same suit as I, a 2XL-3XL, and it fits him perfectly.

It is tough to believe, I didn't until I actually was inside one, but this is a suit that makes custom obsolete. As long as you fit the general parameters of height and girth, the suit fits like spray paint. I've had a lot of custom suits, and none fit the way the Fusion does.

I ended up in a 2XL-3XL because of inseam. When standing on the floor in stocking feet, I have a floor-to-crotch measurement of 34" (this BTW is a measurement that amazed me, I had thought it would be close to my pants inseam of 36, but until you actually measure yourself you don't know just what it really is), and this gave me a suit leg that was too short in the M-XL size Fusion. In conversations with Tyler he passed on that newer versions may have a retailored leg (our were one of the first 200) so this may have changed. Still, I am very happy with the 2XL-3XL, and except for the size tag I'd really never have noticed what size it is.

Yesterday we were in Lake Tahoe. The water was a balmy 42 degrees. My Fusion was toasty warm with just a Mk3 undergarment, more than can be said for my left hand, freezing inside a 5mm wet glove with a hole in it.

I have a couple dives in the tech skin. It is a bit more restrictive than the lycra but not much. It also changes the perception of cold water, very much the way a compressed neoprene drysuit feels on contact with cold water.

Again, congrats on the new suit! And just wait until you do a few dives in it, and then go back to a regular dry suit. Yech.

All the best, James

Thanks. I appreciate. Ohh and BTW, can they cut the left arm off? I don't need it. :)

??? Serious? Not trying to be rude....I can find out, if thats the case, from what point dont you need it? Elbow? Armpit?

??? Serious? Not trying to be rude....I can find out, if thats the case, from what point dont you need it? Elbow? Armpit?

Yes, I'm serious.

Bare Nex-Gen Dry Suit

I just sent that one off to be altered. He's going to cut the left arm off right at the "B" in Bare. I haven't received it back yet so, I'm not sure if it's going to work right yet.

For "test fitting", I wouldn't need it to be cut off, I just need to be sure that they can "alter" it before I decide to purchase one.

I appreciate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom