Fusion Came today....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think James is probably right - as long as the inseam fits, you should be able to accommodate for an inch or two difference in height. One of the Whites guys is 5'10 and says he dives the S/M, which tops out at 5'9.

Mike - did you dive an unaltered suit before? How did you handle the air space from the extra sleeve?

How cold have people dove this suit? It looks interesting, but I'm just wondering how it will handle deep cold long dives in the Great Lakes.

Mike - did you dive an unaltered suit before? How did you handle the air space from the extra sleeve?

No, the Bare is my "first" inexpensive (is that in a dry suit owners vocabulary?) way to see if I like to dive with a dry suit and if I can dive with a dry suit. :) I've only dove short or wet suits before now. That's why I sent this one to get it altered.

Man I was so excited to see this drysuit. Just ran out and bought one. My Nexus suit is so stiff and hard to move in. Even after about 1400 hours of commercial use. This one will be so much better for reaching valves on my doubles.

Hey, you got a nice ass... That is what everyone is saying.

Fits alot better than anything I have ever worn....its like wearing a lycra suit

The tall fat guy suit would be the same as what us tall skinny guys wear. The lycra pulls in the excess and it looks like a custom suit either way. One of our local guys is my height (6'2"), and outweighs me by 60 lbs - enough so that he can't wear a weight belt, because it just falls off of him. He wears the same suit as I, a 2XL-3XL, and it fits him perfectly.

It is tough to believe, I didn't until I actually was inside one, but this is a suit that makes custom obsolete. As long as you fit the general parameters of height and girth, the suit fits like spray paint. I've had a lot of custom suits, and none fit the way the Fusion does.

I ended up in a 2XL-3XL because of inseam. When standing on the floor in stocking feet, I have a floor-to-crotch measurement of 34" (this BTW is a measurement that amazed me, I had thought it would be close to my pants inseam of 36, but until you actually measure yourself you don't know just what it really is), and this gave me a suit leg that was too short in the M-XL size Fusion. In conversations with Tyler he passed on that newer versions may have a retailored leg (our were one of the first 200) so this may have changed. Still, I am very happy with the 2XL-3XL, and except for the size tag I'd really never have noticed what size it is.

I have talked with Tyler and the Fusions that are shipping now have the inside shell about 1" all the way around that the first round of Fusions. So if James was to try one of the newer suits, he could probably go a size down. I tried on the Fusion at DEMA. The suit fits well but the L-XL was a bit tight in the hips. (I am 5'8", and a size 18). With the newer suits, the L-XL fits me perfectly.

We were so impressed with sizing that we are going to put these into our rental. It is the only drysuit that can fit almost everyone and not need a custom.

PS...James...42 degree water and you are diving wetgloves????????? You are braver than me. Put some rings on your suit and go dry!:)

Well, I would put some rings on it...but I'm using it a lot in warm water, too, so I just haven't. Meh.

Notice I said the left hand was cold. That glove has a leak. The other glove was actually pretty warm - those neoprene "glove cuff covers" on the Fusion really do work well at stopping water flow into the gloves!

All the best, James

Since I dive wet in the cold, dark midwest I have been looking to buy a drysuit. I have wanted this one since I read about it. I am glad to see all the good reviews. Please keep up updated once you go diving. If I don't get in the water soon I am going to die:(

I ended up in a 2XL-3XL because of inseam. When standing on the floor in stocking feet, I have a floor-to-crotch measurement of 34" (this BTW is a measurement that amazed me, I had thought it would be close to my pants inseam of 36, but until you actually measure yourself you don't know just what it really is), and this gave me a suit leg that was too short in the M-XL size Fusion. In conversations with Tyler he passed on that newer versions may have a retailored leg (our were one of the first 200) so this may have changed. Still, I am very happy with the 2XL-3XL, and except for the size tag I'd really never have noticed what size it is.

This is exactly my issue as well. I'm 6'0", 170 lbs, 33 in waist, but 34.5" inseam. The specs on the L/XL go up to 33" inseam. The 2XL looks like it would be HUGE on me. Does anyone know if the inseam sizing on the Whites website is the original cut, or the new, longer-legged version? Unfortunately, there are no dealers in the area for me to try one out.

Back
Top Bottom