Fuller Lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveh3

Contributor
Reaction score
I've read that Fuller Lake in Pine Grove Furnace State Park is an "approved" dive site.
Q. Has anyone on this board ever dove there?
Q. Is there anything to see?
Q. any idea on depth?
Q. Is there a charge to dive there?

This lake is very local to me but I've never seen anyone there in dive gear. Would be courious to know what its like.
I am new to PA diving and looking for sites locally to visit.
Any other reccomendations would be appreciated.

Hi fellow, Carlisle diver,
Yes Fuller lake is close to us, when I ask the rangers last Sept you can dive it, no fee just show your card. One ranger told me 90 ft depth, people who have dove it seem to remember 60ish ft. Everyone agrees its cold. I have been wanting to dive it since last year when I seen it the 1st time. I understand there is not much there to see except an old canoe, and RR stuff from when it was a quarry according to the ranger.

If you want to dive it and need a bud, let me know.

I'm going to try to set up a Lake-Cleanup day for Fuller Lake for the middle of April (whenever 'Dirt-Day' is). If I do get that going, I'll post something here.

-Frank

Im sure its the week of 16-23 Apr since I will be out of town then

Yeah, that sounds right. I'll be doing the setup with the LDS this weekend, so I'll post something Sunday or Monday...

-Frank

sylvester:
Hi fellow, Carlisle diver,...
If you want to dive it and need a bud, let me know.

Sounds great! ifin' your willing to go with a rookie
I'm not much a cold water diver, but willing to learn.

What is a lake clean up day? lol

What local dive clubs are in the area, I've seen Harrisburg Scuba Center but I can never get there when they are open. (usually in HBG during the day)
Looking to purchase some of my gear but I'm a little uncomfortable buying it online. Any recommendations? Have you ever got gear online?

Do they have a problem with trash at Fuller Lake, or are you just looking to help out the park?

I looked into diving at Fuller Lake also, but never made it there. I got the same info. as was mentioned above. It looks like the main problem to diving there, is having to lug gear to the lake. There is no close available parking or even a drop off area. If the lot is full, we walked for a few minutes walk (without any gear) to get from the parking lot to the lake area.

When I stopped in, it was during the summer and they have a large area roped off for swimming, and they do get a lot of people that go there in the summer to swim and lay around on the man-made beach area.

They do have signs around the lake warning that the lake is very cold (obviously for the swimmers). I would be up for a dive, depending on what day(s) your looking at. Just keep the board informed.

DiveH3 - There are not many clubs in the Central Harrisburg Area. Smokey's Divers Den is located in Lancaster. It is a great shop to work with, but they are about an hour from Carlisle. York Divers is also good to deal with, but they are a little less than an hour also. Both are open during the day, whereas Harrisburg Scuba is only open on the nights and weekends. Let me know if you need any other info.

Jeff

Above water the lake area is kept very clean. Underwater however, it's not unusual to fill a small goodie bag with soda cans and chip bags. Plus, sometimes you find antique toys, nice fishing lures and the occasional hand gun. REALLY! We had to call the Rangers and they called the State Police. I'll start another thread when I get the details ironed out.

-Frank

I grew up in Carlisle, and I even got my OW Cert in '93 as a senior in high school with Harrisburg Scuba down at Bainbridge.

It's so wild to see you guys talking about diving in Fuller Lake. If memory serves me, it's above Laurel Lake, right?

Yep, Fuller and Laurel Lakes are part of the Pine Grove Furnace State Park. I spoke to one of the rangers this week and my LDS, and it looks like we're on for Sunday, April 25th for a lake area cleanup. I'll start another post with the details.

-Frank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom