fuel saving Pods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You would think less folks would be Alien to Aerohance. Every dime I save goes into our WATER project.https://chessevans.com/ Discount for Scuba Board members is IDIVE. Homepage | AeroHance Pods
IMG_0934-fw.jpg

Working on marine pods for ships these last few years. Living now in Shishole Bay, Seattle able to get into the zone. Like to reduce fuel burn on your boat, vessel or ship ? Let's talk $$$$$
back-velocity-2.jpg-fw.jpg
a-trimtab.jpg-fw.jpg

Working on marine pods for ships these last few years. Living now in Shishole Bay, Seattle able to get into the zone. Like to reduce fuel burn on your boat, vessel or ship ? Let's talk $$$$$ View attachment 758648View attachment 758647
I'm intrigued. What kind of gains are you showing? Any real life testing yet or just flow bench work?

I'm intrigued. What kind of gains are you showing? Any real life testing yet or just flow bench work?
Thank you Captain. We started with passenger vehicles and did CFD studies https://lv9c13.p3cdn1.secureserver....MANCE-OF-AN-AFTERMARKET-VORTEX-STABILIZER.pdf. Being a marine person we then did CFD modeling on a 300 meter cargo ship hull. ( a three images of hull bottom are the same size, top hull no pods 2nd hull first pod spot and 3rd pods moved to other area.. ) We did a Pod placement on the Bulbous bow area. Not sharing the pattern. Saw some major changes and flew to Seattle to discuss in person, only to find out the firm had deleted the files. No joking. Was a real set back and did not pay the bill. I then went to a urchin diving pal and we placed a pod pattern on his trim tabs and on back area of the hull. Did did a run without pods (above post) and then with. You can see the rooster tail extending back from hull. As you know Captain their are so many variables on the Seas over road testing. But one trip to a surf spot he saw fuel savings. A dip stick. Each CFD runs cost over $10,000 and we need around $100,000 to really do the job. Our Patents also cover Aviation, since I did not want to make the same mistake I made with blended wingtips. Engineers - Force Fin. Anyway thanks for your interest. I am now working with this firm in the UK and they seem very hopefully on results. CFD Technology | Cape Horn Engineering | Yacht & Ship Design Optimisation Thank GOD Force fins are still selling well to cover my different ideas. Susanne and I are mainly focused on the Water project. Soon we will be making a major announcement. CHESS+EVANS LLC – Tools & Technology for Sustainable Water Supply
IMG_4823.jpg-fw.jpg

Thank you Captain. We started with passenger vehicles and did CFD studies https://lv9c13.p3cdn1.secureserver....MANCE-OF-AN-AFTERMARKET-VORTEX-STABILIZER.pdf. Being a marine person we then did CFD modeling on a 300 meter cargo ship hull. ( a three images of hull bottom are the same size, top hull no pods 2nd hull first pod spot and 3rd pods moved to other area.. ) We did a Pod placement on the Bulbous bow area. Not sharing the pattern. Saw some major changes and flew to Seattle to discuss in person, only to find out the firm had deleted the files. No joking. Was a real set back and did not pay the bill. I then went to a urchin diving pal and we placed a pod pattern on his trim tabs and on back area of the hull. Did did a run without pods (above post) and then with. You can see the rooster tail extending back from hull. As you know Captain their are so many variables on the Seas over road testing. But one trip to a surf spot he saw fuel savings. A dip stick. Each CFD runs cost over $10,000 and we need around $100,000 to really do the job. Our Patents also cover Aviation, since I did not want to make the same mistake I made with blended wingtips. Engineers - Force Fin. Anyway thanks for your interest. I am now working with this firm in the UK and they seem very hopefully on results. CFD Technology | Cape Horn Engineering | Yacht & Ship Design Optimisation Thank GOD Force fins are still selling well to cover my different ideas. Susanne and I are mainly focused on the Water project. Soon we will be making a major announcement. CHESS+EVANS LLC – Tools & Technology for Sustainable Water SupplyView attachment 758983
Your 300M was obviously a displacement hull. Your buddies dive boat, If it had trim tabs I have to assume a planing hull. Is it equipped with a flow scan or the like?
Sadly, at this point, fuel is no longer my largest expense. Liability insurance has now eclipsed my annual fuel burn as the largest expense annually.

Thanks Captain. My friend had a planing hull. My spelling check did not get the planing hull and I am very dyslexic. Sometimes folks most wonder what I say. Susanne tells me each day people are not in you mind..so bare with me Ok I could get warmed up on so much ....and it's Friday night. Signed trim tab for history by diver Jim Marshall (the real diver) Like to invest in the future?
trim-tab.jpg

We have plenty of data. discount code for Scubaboard members
Scan_20221220-fw.jpg
is IDIVE.https://aerohance.com/ Join my test team and bigger discounts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom