Ft Wetherhill Rhode Island Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

West cove

I forget which is which cove, which cove is the west cove? The one on the right with the boat ramp or the one on the left (when Looking towards the ocean)?

I forget which is which cove, which cove is the west cove? The one on the right with the boat ramp or the one on the left (when Looking towards the ocean)?

The west one, 🤣 😂 🤣

Right, also called, aptly, the boat ramp side. You need to come back to visit and dive with us!
By the way, the East cove is also now as the goat path side, due to the trail to it. I’ve come close to sliding down it a couple of times in full gear.

Right, also called, aptly, the boat ramp side

That's what we called it way back then, right cover or boat ramp cove.

You need to come back to visit and dive with us!
You don't know how much I want to do that. I spent the best years of my 20's and 30's diving there. My buddy, Joe Los, and I knew every fish, spider crab and rock on first name basis. There was a time of the year when the squid would come in in large numbers and we can catch them by hand during night dives just by shinning our dive lights.

the East cove is also now as the goat path side, due to the trail to it

Are you talking about the "cove" by the point at the entrance of the boat ramp cove on the right looking at the water standing on boat ramp side? The "goat" cove had a very steep trail down the hill, it was a big pain lugging our dive equipment down to the shore. It was better for free diving spearfishing since you can go out to open ocean and make right to follow the rocks out.

Is this what you call the "East" cove or do you mean the cove to the left of the boat ramp cove?

it was still really pretty though. we got lucky that day with good visibility
I was there that Saturday, around 10’ vis, which is great with the water so warm. Was it better on Sunday, or about the same?
There were a couple of cute juvenile Sea Robins swimming around that Saturday.

I was there that Saturday, around 10’ vis, which is great with the water so warm. Was it better on Sunday, or about the same?
There were a couple of cute juvenile Sea Robins swimming around that Saturday.
It was about the same. So so pretty though- beautiful blue water. Lots of small fish. And weeds…lmao. The water temp was perfect.

That's what we called it way back then, right cover or boat ramp cove.

You don't know how much I want to do that. I spent the best years of my 20's and 30's diving there. My buddy, Joe Los, and I knew every fish, spider crab and rock on first name basis. There was a time of the year when the squid would come in in large numbers and we can catch them by hand during night dives just by shinning our dive lights.

Are you talking about the "cove" by the point at the entrance of the boat ramp cove on the right looking at the water standing on boat ramp side? The "goat" cove had a very steep trail down the hill, it was a big pain lugging our dive equipment down to the shore. It was better for free diving spearfishing since you can go out to open ocean and make right to follow the rocks out.

Is this what you call the "East" cove or do you mean the cove to the left of the boat ramp cove?
East cove, at least what I refer to as East cove, is the the cove to the left of boat ramp cove.
I think you’re referring to the trail down to Bull Point, which I would love to do, but that trail intimidates me.

It was about the same. So so pretty though- beautiful blue water. Lots of small fish. And weeds…lmao. The water temp was perfect.
You should come back in September, early October when the topicals are here.

You should come back in September, early October when the topicals are here.
I’d love to!
Could you be my dive buddy? Always looking for new dive friends out that way. Also am relatively unfamiliar with the site in general

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom