Ft Wetherhill Rhode Island Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Fort Wetherill still very busy on weekends with instructors doing training dives for their classes there? Parking lot and boat ramp still in good working condition?

I'd love to go back to dive there and do my "afternoon" dive going from the left cove to the right dropping down the wall to circa 110' and watching the fish and marine life there including those that are hiding in the cracks.

Summer weekends it is busy at least in the am. Rarely there in the pm so can't say for sure.

Yes in very good shape. Set up benches, porto potties, new landscaping that has opened it up a bit.

Another dive this am. 8:00 lots of cars and groups setting up but no one in the water as far as I could tell. Vis about the same against the walls, maybe 6' but better in the flats, maybe 8'. Flat calm with little surge in the cove with light wind from the North.

Whitecaps on the Sakonnet today, winds from the South. Between that and the heat, wasn’t worth putting on a 5ml.
I, also, registered 71 2 weekends ago down to 27’ in the West cove.

Erik

I'm shooting for nubble Saturday and kings on Sunday

Is Fort Wetherill still very busy on weekends with instructors doing training dives for their classes there? Parking lot and boat ramp still in good working condition?

I'd love to go back to dive there and do my "afternoon" dive going from the left cove to the right dropping down the wall to circa 110' and watching the fish and marine life there including those that are hiding in the cracks.
I dived there a week or so ago on a Sunday. by around 8 am the parking lot was quickly filling up with instructors and students

I dived there a week or so ago on a Sunday. by around 8 am the parking lot was quickly filling up with instructors and students

Welcome to wetherell in the summer

Back
Top Bottom