Ft Wetherhill Rhode Island Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Ft Wetherhill Fans: Anyone with recent dives here that can describe conditions?
I dove here last summer, but have not been back yet this year.

I heard it was decent today. I went north and conditions were blown out. I'm trying to make the fort Tuesday morning.

Around 5 feet of visibility. Check out New England Scuba Divers Group on Facebook. A local guy reports conditiond every morning.

I was there yesterday morning, 3-6 ft depending on where you were. I judged it by whether I could see my fins or not, lol.
Ran into an instructor I know who said that Saturday was worse vis wise. He was going in around 10-10:30, so that could be why.

Erik

I'm trying for monday

Hoping you have some good viz on Monday,
Also I am looking for good viz next mid-week and that’s fate has good photography days in store for me!

Dove both coves today, both had equally poor visibility. Maybe 4-5 feet at most. Slightly better from 20 feet and shallower. I dove the west cove last Friday and the vis was good, 10-12 feet with no particulates. Today things were really stirred up. It was cloudy as well so the lack of sunlight may of been a factor.

So if I make it out tomorrow find another site.

Back
Top Bottom