Ft. Lauderdale 11/12 The Sea Empress AOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vayu:
Actually, I do mind. Nothing against you tienuts, but i'm simply tired of explaining things. This thread was dead before multiple users with 1 post to their name started antagonizing me.-V

Wow!!! Here we go again. When you post on this board, one thing you have to except is criticism. As far as this post goes, it never should have started. You were looking to hang the people that you dove with, as you have stated many times throughout the post. The best thing that could happened is to have those divers you did not talk kindly of, say their peice. For obvious reasons that will never happen.

Everyone that said something, has a RIGHT to voice their opinion on this board. Incase you did not notice, it is a public board. Quite honestly, the last time I looked you are quite fortunate to be in this great land. Remember, it was you who went PUBLIC.

You really do not have to keep explaining anything, you have already said it.

Nothing against you but I would take that 12 yo as my dive buddy and I'm extremely cautious as to Who I dive with.

Hey, If I am reading you correctly, you are in great health. That is a blessing.
Hopfully you will continue on your diving education.

Take Care and Dive Safely

PS:Tienuts you said: "In your defense, I am farmiliar with the dive operation I suspect you went out on."

Your making an assumption, I do not recall any mention of the dive operations. Actually I'm glad it was not mentioned

God Bless America ---- Support Our Troops

Actually, it is right there in the posts. South florida diving headquarters. I even posted a link. I already mentioned about READING before posting. Scroll up and try again.

-V

Sorry I missed that. It is a shame, but then I expect that of you.

Gee I hope you were able to read my Whole post.

Instead of picking and chosing what you want to read or hear.
It is called Selective reading of hearing.

I still don't understand why it is some sort of taboo to post the dive charter involved. The captain couldn't even set up her own 02 unit. In my opinion, this is a hazard to anyone going out with them. People have the right to know.

-V

Vayu:
I still don't understand why it is some sort of taboo to post the dive charter involved. The captain couldn't even set up her own 02 unit. In my opinion, this is a hazard to anyone going out with them. People have the right to know.

-V

Looks like you have not read and understood the past posts, YOU FAILED THE TEST.

Go back to post one and carefully read each post. There was a wealth of information
that people gave you. Sure looks like you missed the important parts.

It is obvious you don't want to hear anything but what you have to say. The sad part
is : it's not about the dive.

There are all kinds of hazards in life.

Like I said, I carefully select my dive buddies.

You don't have to answer this. Have a great night.

Dive Safely

I'm gone.........

Thanks again for your input. I learned my lessons the hard way. We all should choose our buddies, charters, and instructors carefully. Accidents happen: Leave the carrion-feeding to the vultures.

In case you havn't figured it out, I'm awesome. Nuff' said.

Flame on!

This thread is done for me.

END.

-V

Vayu:

END.

-V
Hope you have time for one more question... I just got done reading the whole thread and I can kinda see both sides of the thread.

First off, I wish every agency would change the name of the advanced class to something like "Open Water, Part 2". There is really nothing advanced on what you are learning. Navigation, night dives and deep dives should be something you learn right off the bat.

With that being said, the dive op should have made the call. I can't say that I cancelled dives when I should have, but I knew doing those dives the students were my reliability.

As a new diver, you still have the responsibility for yourself. It seems like you thought you had yourself under control the whole time, which in my book is 95% the right answer. Just gotta follow through with your plan.

Now I'm not gonna pull the whole not a doctor nor play one card, but I know you already told one person that they didn't need to know what the diagnosis was, but I think it would be important for the closure of the thread.

On a final note, don't give up on diving yet, you got the hardest part out of the way.

Vayu:
Gary,

Thanks for the input. As a postscript, I wouldn't let a 12 year old on SCUBA.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

What is a 12 year old doing at 72fsw anyway? All agencies have a depth limit of 40' for this age range and 60' for open water divers. With all this in mind, please save the lecture on scuba rules and have some respect.

-V

After diving for over 35 years, I believe I have something to say. I other words, I probably have been diving for close to twice as long as you have been alive. And I intend to stay alive.

If you READ the requirements, there is no LIMIT, except for the 130' recerational diving limit. There are recommendations. Besides, my daughter was with an instructor...

Just like you.

Vayu:
In case you havn't figured it out, I'm awesome. Nuff' said.

Flame on!

END.

-V

Thus the true problem. "Smug, Conceited, college boy, gets bruised ego... story at 11"

BTW: for those who don't know here's the REAL details of the Sea EMPEROR - in BOCA RATON (not Fort Lauderdale)
Lat 26 19.460 Lon 80 03.689 Location: Approximately a mile and a half southeast of the Boca Inlet. A 171-foot barge rests upside down in 72 feet of water. The east side is littered with drainage pipes. Sea emperor off Hillsboro Beach, is the ultimate interactive wreck dive.

Maybe if the diver in question wasn't so full of himself, he would have paid more attention to the dive itself which has a 72' depth, and isn't even in Fort Lauderdale.

Vayu:
I'm awesome. Nuff' said.-V

I already figured it out and awesome is not the word.
Sort of more in line with Clint Eastwoods line, "your a legend in your own mind".
I hope your arm will get time to heal.

Howarde is right on target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom