Ft. Lauderdale 11/12 The Sea Empress AOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, but i'm not even gonna respond except to say that anyone who wants more info can PM me.

Our charter left from lauderdale on the sea and not boca inlet.

Thanks,

-V

Vayu:
A normal ascent of 30 ft a minute may also be negated and 60 ft pm more like it.

I really doubt that this is an acceptable alternative to anyone. Contingency planning for your buddy seems like it would be much safer and easier to do. 60' per minute ascent rate would be difficult to accurately control not to mention the inherit hazards it brings to any deep dive. At the end of that dive - regardless of your physiology - it is likely you would have some variety of illness not easily shrugged off in the open water. I am no expert on gas management but I am interested in learning more. Emergency situations call for advanced planning and training. It is true that survival is the highest morality however the measures suggested seem somewhat counterproductive to an OOA emergency.

Aside from that, I would like to see someone try to get their buddy off of their secondary regulator after air sharing has begun. It is likely both buddies would be looking at a substantial swimming ascent at that point.

-V

60 ft is considered an acceptable ascent rate although 30 is preferred. The navy has used 60 for many years. Safety stops are suggested and not mandatory until certain depths and ndl limits are approached or exceeded. Although I do make a stop on the majority of my dives and always with students. Watching my computer tells me when I'm doing 60 vs 30 and it throws an alarm if that is exceeded. And a trip to the chamber for a short stay is always more acceptable than a trip to davy jones's locker. Not desirable but still a better alternative. And divers who say they are going to rely on me for their air is the reason I choose to do most of my pleasure(not with students)diving solo. Including deep dives in the 80-120 ft range.

Vayu:
Sorry guys, but i'm not even gonna respond except to say that anyone who wants more info can PM me.

Our charter left from lauderdale on the sea and not boca inlet.

Thanks,

-V

You posted in a PUBLIC FORUM, and you got opinions. Many people think you're absurd, uninformed, and immature. Deal with it. If you didn't want opinions, you shouldn't have posted in the first place.

Also... Even if you left from lauderdale-by-the-sea. the wreck's location is just south of the BOCA INLET. Generally, people refer to the location of the site, and not where you left from.

Can't we keep the private nastygrams private?

redhatmama:
Can't we keep the private nastygrams private?

I have nothing to hide.

Whats a lefty?!? :D

-V

Howarde, I am not about to take any sides in this spat, but it goes against every but of internet etiquette there is, to take a PM and post it publically. This is really bad form man...

BIGSAGE136:
7' Seas on a night dive! Was Jenny there?:D
LOL. Just saw this. Too funny, Sage.
(I shoulda been there, I probably woulda seen a whale shark!)

Can a mod please lock this thread. It's lost all value, and can only degenerate from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom