Frustration...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik Il Rosso:
1) People telling me the I will end up stangled underwater by my long hose...

Tell them the long hose is not for you but for them. And should they ever request it, consider giving them a couple of seconds to think about the error of their ways.

Also, this could just be a karma thing. You now belong to a very cantankerous and outspoken crowd.

JB

As for the person who made that last statement, I hope he is not someone you care about.

He's a divemaster with the shop where I originally got certified. I'll actually be diving on a charter with him on Sunday, and if I get a chance, I'll see if I can talk him into doing an OOA drill and show him what the long hose is good for. That is, assuming he hasn't already throttled me with it :)

I didn't get throttled. He was politely quiet on the subject, and effusively complimentary about my new Salvo light :)

I was just thinking that a Tiny puncture like that is most likely a mishap in the PU coating on the inside. Thus the outside fabric is fine especially since it is such a high denier fabric. In fabrics like that a small puncture like a pin hole shouldn't lead to any widening of the whole. Maybe someone with more fabric experience can explain better then me. There won't be any tearing or stretching making the hole any bigger then it is. So DON'T throw it away !!! I had this idea... I don't know if it will work but maybe put it in a bath tub and "catch" the bubbles from the puncture and see what happens if it looses a liter of air or so over an hour then thats no big deal. Well what ever the case may be some sealant should take care of that no problem.

Question: Since the 7' hose is not necessary for use in open water, and that its use could arrise in an entrapment/tangle issue..., is it really Hogarthian outside overhead use?

daniel f aleman:
Question: Since the 7' hose is not necessary for use in open water, and that its use could arrise in an entrapment/tangle issue..., is it really Hogarthian outside overhead use?

Bill Main would say no. I personally disagree on grounds that frequent changes to your configuration create unnecessary problems--another hogarthian principle.

It's a grey area.

R..

Gee, there we go again. Why this guy always says no to simple, proven solutions. If one chooses to dive in a cretin way it is because it works.
Or just don’t dive
Diving kills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom