Frustration...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

name calling will not be tolerated....lets keep it civil.

daniel f aleman:
Use whatever hose that you want - I just asked if it's use was "Hogarthian" (as normally defined) outside of cave diving. Floater gave an exellent analysis of why HE uses it.

Also, in general, "Hogarthian" also appiles to buddy/team usage: what if everyone else on the boat is using 40" octos, and you have the 7'? What do you do for the buddy that you get?

I returned from a week on Roatan, where I went with 23 other recreational divers. I was one of two people diving a long hose. During the week, we did at least 10 swim throughs and two wrecks. Had there been an OOA incident in one of the swim throughs, what would that shared air egress look like with an standard octo or an AIRII?

Hank49:
Haven't you figured out yet that JeffG and Daniel F Aleman are actually long lost brothers who found each other on Scubaboard? It's cool. They can be irritating sometimes but they do make sense. sometimes.

Wow! That explains all.
And so far, we learn that:
-earth is flat
-long hose creates entrapment/tangle issue
-back plate sucks for OW.

Check please. I’m out of here.

dherbman:
You always get the really great compliments.
Is from my class on "How to win Friends and influence people."

dherbman:
I returned from a week on Roatan, where I went with 23 other recreational divers. I was one of two people diving a long hose. During the week, we did at least 10 swim throughs and two wrecks. Had there been an OOA incident in one of the swim throughs, what would that shared air egress look like with an standard octo or an AIRII?

Well, you've changed the subject a little. I would never go into overhead without a buddy equally equiped and trained as I - and I do use the 7' in overhead.

Also, as a Divemaster, I would never lead a group (or an individual) who is not overhead trained, and/non-equiped into an overhead environment, including swim-throughs.

And, the use of a 7' hose and a pseudo-Hogarthian rig one does not meet the criteria for overhead diving without the training.

daniel f aleman:
Well, you've changed the subject a little. I would never go into overhead without a buddy equally equiped and trained as I - and I do use the 7' in overhead.

Also, as a Divemaster, I would never lead a group (or an individual) who is not overhead trained, and/non-equiped into an overhead environment, including swim-throughs.

And, the use of a 7' hose and a psudo-Hogarthian rig one does not meet the criteria for overhead diving without the training.
But you must admit, it (swim throughs) happens quite regularly.

JeffG:
Seajay...very long winded. I know where you can find him.

That's him!

Thanks man. He was great. I never did figure out what happened :)

Now I can sleep tonight.

Oh yeah I've seen Genesis's site too.....lol...... he's sweet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom