Frontier Changing Policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ocean One

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This morning a dive buddy and I filed our complaint with Frontier over the scuba baggage issue. My dive buddy received a call back later this morning from a Frontier Representative, who is a scuba diver too, and he told him Frontier has heard our (diving community) complaints and is going to change the policy to a more reasonable one. Such as, If you pack scuba gear in a bag and it meets the weight limits <50lbs. it will be treated like any other bag. There will be some limitations though on what can be in it (tanks, etc.) Also, they have initiated a $25 second checked bag fee like the other airlines. Checked bags 3-4 will cost you $45 each.

It seems all the calls and emails frontier has been receiving has had an effect. I would wait to see what the final change results look like before getting too excited. :popcorn:

In the mean time, keep the those phone calls and email complaints flowing so we ensure they don't back out at the last minute!:no frontier has been my airline of choice since they restarted and would hate to have to seek other air trans.

Haven't flown with Frontier for awhile, but it's good to know that they are rethinking that ridiculous policy!! Way to go!

It ultimately doesn't matter if the airlines charge more for the tickets or add a "surcharge" for more than one bag. But it bugs me that they do that! I just got back from a lovely wreck diving fest down in the Keys and took a few changes of underwear three shirts and two pairs of shorts and both bags were within a pound of the 50# limit between the dive gear and camera gear.

It's just going to cost us to take our gear......:shakehead:

Hmm I just flew with them on the june 1, my dive bag was 68 lbs and i had 3 bags total, when I let them know it was dive gear they said it was ok. No extra fees at all. I must just be lucky.

Hmm I just flew with them on the june 1, my dive bag was 68 lbs and i had 3 bags total, when I let them know it was dive gear they said it was ok. No extra fees at all. I must just be lucky.

I believe the date for the new policy was June 10th, which would put inside the no charge old policy. Although, I must say you got lucky with the 68lbs. That should have gotten you an extra charge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom