From Bangkok to Pattaya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arizona:
I'll see who else we can round up around work and put in motion a dive for next Sunday. We would have to leave early in the morning, around 6am. I'll get pricing tomorrow. So far it is just h90 and myself. If h90 can sort out the dive operator and confirm a wreck dive for next Sunday that would be great. Transportation will be my end. I'll bring my own gear. I have a few friends in Pattaya that may join us.

I know the overnight route is much easier, but work is pretty tough this time of year.

AZ

Will try to sort out the operator thing.......
Overnight is not really interesting for me.....
If maybe bring a cool-box buy some beer speak a bit about the dive and the first hour of the way back to Bangkok is gone, take a nap and be in Bangkok, go sleep early and have a great working Monday....I don't see any problem with that as long as there is not tooo much beer in the taxi.....

Sounds like a plan. I'll PM you more detials tomorrow.

hi guy im asking couse you guys seem pretty familliar with bangkok im looking for a tokina 10-17 mm fisheye lens for my canon 400D(rebel) my girlfriends sister is in bagkok for one more mounth and shes having trouble finding one any hints???

hi guy im asking couse you guys seem pretty familliar with bangkok im looking for a tokina 10-17 mm fisheye lens for my canon 400D(rebel) my girlfriends sister is in bagkok for one more mounth and shes having trouble finding one any hints???

I have no ideas about cameras, but if your gf sister has time: Go Pan Thip Placa. there I can remember at least 3 bigger camera shops. Even if they don't have it, they might be able to recommend you some shop. As well you have MBK, Siam Paragon and much more close to it. Home - Thaivisa.com might be a good source for getting better infos.

I have done this four times now. You get the bus at Ekamai bus station which is adjacent to Ekamai BTS. Buses leave every 20-30 minutes in the morning. I have gotten the 5:40 and the 6:00am bus to Pattaya. 120baht to Pattaya and 117 baht return to Ekamai. Bus trip at that time of the morning takes 90 to 100 minutes but could take longer with stops and/or traffic. When I arrive at Pattaya I get the baht bus (10 or 20 baht) to the end of walking street where I get some breakfast. Then you can walk to the end of walking street or get a motorbike taxi or hop on another baht bus to the end where you will see the big pier. Can't miss it. It's about 4-500 meters down the street I would guess. Go down the pier to where it splits and go left. There are four small piers A B C and D. Just look for the boats with tanks and ask if they have any room. I get on the first that has an English speaking leader. I go on the weekends and the normal price is 1000-1400bt for two dives including lunch two tanks and weights. Nothing extra.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom