From Bangkok to Pattaya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h90

Contributor
Reaction score
I got told some companys go with a bus from Bangkok to Pattaya or Satahip early in the morning, than you dive and come back in the night.
Anyone tried that? Which companies? I think mostly Thai Dive operators.
Any experiences?

another way to do is, get on bus from sukhumvit at Asoke bus terminal which has
a bus leaving every hour (get a bus early monring) for around 200 bhat, they drop you
at pattaya centeral bus terminal, then head to where your dive location is...and comeback by same bus again. Generally going around in pattaya is lot cheaper compare to phuket, if you don't have your own

An all in one package deal would be great. Imagine a small mini van picking you up in the morning and taking you to a dive operator in Pattaya with a really good price. This would really help divers with non diving spouses. Getting to the bus with gear at 6am is not as appealing as door to door service. Stopping for coffee on the way would be great! I wonder if any of the bigger named dive operations could put something together.

I've done the cab route, but not having to negotiate and being able to book in advance would be a huge selling point.

Diver_City Boys:
another way to do is, get on bus from sukhumvit at Asoke bus terminal which has
a bus leaving every hour (get a bus early monring) for around 200 bhat, they drop you
at pattaya centeral bus terminal, then head to where your dive location is...and comeback by same bus again. Generally going around in pattaya is lot cheaper compare to phuket, if you don't have your own

I worry if there is a bus early enough to be sure to be at the right time there.

Arizona:
An all in one package deal would be great. Imagine a small mini van picking you up in the morning and taking you to a dive operator in Pattaya with a really good price. This would really help divers with non diving spouses. Getting to the bus with gear at 6am is not as appealing as door to door service. Stopping for coffee on the way would be great! I wonder if any of the bigger named dive operations could put something together.

I've done the cab route, but not having to negotiate and being able to book in advance would be a huge selling point.

Or if not door to door service a meeting point like Sky Train "On Nut". Finding the people accross Bangkok might be difficult. But one easy to reach point would do the trick. Operate only Sat/Sun. Or if they are smart (and I doubt that) 2 or 3 Dive Operator could do it together.
It would also ensure that if there is a traffic jam and you are late they don't leave without you.

Sounds like a good business plan!

Arizona:
Sounds like a good business plan!
I think might be also interesting for families who want to have a Sunday on the beach.
Sure more convenice than the "normal" bus or finding a taxi early in the morning and discussing the price....

h90:
I worry if there is a bus early enough to be sure to be at the right time there.

It's next to asoke BTS, try find out what times they leave. Going by cab is another option if you can pay around 2500 Bhat return.

Pattaya is 147 km (2 hours by bus) from bangkok only , why instead of paying for taxi, why don't go stay there overnight before going diving next morning.

For me personally diving is all I care to do in Pattaya. I took a cab from the Sukhumvit area for 1800baht return. I agree the bus is cheaper, but how nice to have someone drop you at the dive shop and wait to take you back when you want to leave. When carrying gear this is especially nice. I think just finding one or two people to split the cab is the way to go, unless another alternative comes about.

Arizona:
For me personally diving is all I care to do in Pattaya. I took a cab from the Sukhumvit area for 1800baht return. I agree the bus is cheaper, but how nice to have someone drop you at the dive shop and wait to take you back when you want to leave. When carrying gear this is especially nice. I think just finding one or two people to split the cab is the way to go, unless another alternative comes about.

For me personally, not having problem traveling around having my dive gear with me for 2 hours before and after diving, otherwise i should regard myself a Pinocchio diver.

Btw, with current high gasoline price, geting 1800bhat bkk-pattaya return is a real bargain these days, isn't it? :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom