From Bangkok to Pattaya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry i missed you at TDEX. I'll be there tomorrow. I'll be sure to check it out.

h90:
So it turns out as 900 Baht per day/2dives everything is included like if you book it for the usual price.

Thats an awsomely good price. Seriously doubt anywhere in pattaya could offer better than that.

TDEX was cool. Poorer, but happier, today though!
-j-

Anyone going today?

josh_ingu:
Thats an awsomely good price. Seriously doubt anywhere in pattaya could offer better than that.

TDEX was cool. Poorer, but happier, today though!
-j-

what did you buy?
I saw a good deal for a wetsuit, considered long, didn't buy it because don't need it and wanted to save money AND forgot to look for gloves which I want to buy since 6 month but always forget it aaaarrrrrgggg silly me.....

Found that:
bus service by The Dive Site For our corporate clients and groups of divers (up to 10 people), we offer minibus service. We can pick you up from Don Muang International airport, or your hotel in Bangkok 24 hours a day and transport you to hotel or Our Dive Shop in Pattaya. Return is included, you will be picked up from hotel or dive shop at the time you request. 2,000 o/w 4,000 return

Car Service by The Dive Site For our divers, we offer personal car and driver. We can pick you up from Don Muang International airport, or your hotel in Bangkok 24 hours a day and transport you to hotel or Our Dive Shop in Pattaya. Return is included, you will be picked up from hotel or dive shop at the time you request. 3,000 return

By Taxi Itinerary Cost Bangkok Taxi Transfer times from the airport vary from 1?-2 hours depending on traffic conditions. If you choose to highway, except to pay another 60 Baht toll. Some taxi companies will offer to pay first toll, please ask when booking.
Bangkok Taxis have lighted sign "TAXI" or "TAXI-METER". They also are painted in vivid colors. Avoid any type of soliciting inside or outside of the airport. Use only official taxi counters. ~1,800 o/w

Also means taxi one way 1800....

I guess the deal I got was really good. It was 1800 return. We just found a local cab that was willing to meet us at our apartment the next morning. I went with a friend in the building who also dives. He actually negotiated the deal. I will go to the travel agent up the street tomorrow and inquire as I think it was them who got the cab and offered a minivan deal. I'll post a follow up. What about next weekend (June 2 or 3). Are there any divers wanting to leave Saturday or Sunday morning for a day of diving in Pattaya? Once we get a date and number we can figure out which operator. Diving the far islands always seems to be better.

AZ

I think next Sunday would be fine with me. I would love to dive a wrack.....
What you think how many people can be squizzed in a taxi?
3 should be OK, but 4? Possible?

I know Pete he's a good bloke - 900bhat a day is a cool price, I think I'm gonna have to have words!! LOL - just kidding!

Minibus price is about right - if you guys are overnighting here in Pattaya and fancy a few beers gimme a shout - always good to meet n greet - I know most of the TDS staff I'm sure you'll have a good dive; they're retailers for Beuchat and have some pretty good gear in stock last time I was there.

If not - say Hi to Pete 'n' Paul from me! Hope you have a good time!

C.

Crowley:
I know Pete he's a good bloke - 900bhat a day is a cool price, I think I'm gonna have to have words!! LOL - just kidding!

Minibus price is about right - if you guys are overnighting here in Pattaya and fancy a few beers gimme a shout - always good to meet n greet - I know most of the TDS staff I'm sure you'll have a good dive; they're retailers for Beuchat and have some pretty good gear in stock last time I was there.

If not - say Hi to Pete 'n' Paul from me! Hope you have a good time!

C.

What I understood it is a special offer for the TDEX and meant for people who always stay in Thailand and want to dive often.......
Maybe after that 5 dives you can offer us a good deal ?:D

I'll see who else we can round up around work and put in motion a dive for next Sunday. We would have to leave early in the morning, around 6am. I'll get pricing tomorrow. So far it is just h90 and myself. If h90 can sort out the dive operator and confirm a wreck dive for next Sunday that would be great. Transportation will be my end. I'll bring my own gear. I have a few friends in Pattaya that may join us.

I know the overnight route is much easier, but work is pretty tough this time of year.

AZ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom