Frogman Led vs. Halcyon Scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that this is an older thread that I am reactivating, but think that the background may help.
I am in the market for technical back up lights with the intended use of technical diving and eventually cave diving. I am looking at the Halcyon Scout lights as the proven lights for this type of use. My question: Just comparing the scout 3-C-cell lights...With the xenon version costing about $90, is the LED version really worth the additional $110 each (total $190 each)? Has anyone done the side by side on brightness? I know that burn time and reliability on the LED are suposedly better than the xenon, but all reports I have heard are that the scout xenons are still pretty good in both categories. Since I am going to be buying two lights for my harness, we are talking a total price of $380 versus $180 on back up lights...not a primary. I would like to here some opinions on whether LED backups are really worth that kind of additional cost.

Just get the UK SL$ LED conversions from EBAY - they fit exactly and are around $30 each.

That leaves $80 for the H that must be on that LED somewhere :stirpot:

I know that this is an older thread that I am reactivating, but think that the background may help.
I am in the market for technical back up lights with the intended use of technical diving and eventually cave diving. I am looking at the Halcyon Scout lights as the proven lights for this type of use. My question: Just comparing the scout 3-C-cell lights...With the xenon version costing about $90, is the LED version really worth the additional $110 each (total $190 each)? Has anyone done the side by side on brightness? I know that burn time and reliability on the LED are suposedly better than the xenon, but all reports I have heard are that the scout xenons are still pretty good in both categories. Since I am going to be buying two lights for my harness, we are talking a total price of $380 versus $180 on back up lights...not a primary. I would like to here some opinions on whether LED backups are really worth that kind of additional cost.

to refresh also other-
LED LENSER stops already the productions of their diving lights (if im not mistaken- since last year), but i dont have idea if their service warranty still continue for this model. :idk:
hope they will re-model it to a better switch :D

GS 35 240lm SEUL P4 - very good lamp , very nice machining and materials !
gs35led_black.jpg

Beamer (750lm) is not so good because of Cree multidie and make on distance till 2m shadow cross in the middle. (waiting on SST-50 :D upgrade )

Back
Top Bottom