Question Compact and small underwater light and 30000+ lumen!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello everyone,

Are you interested in the most compact, high lumen and flexible underwater lighting or even want to paticipate in this great project?

As a passionate wreckdiver I discovered that good lichting under water is crucial for nice pictures and video. Those narrow beam lights with annoying white spot couldn’t satisfy me at all. You need high quality light with a wide angle so you can make pictures and video’s like daylight. You don’t want to enlight only the subject but its surroundings to!

How did I solve this?

I started engineering my own light and knew that I had a lot of requirements to fulfill. It was a real challenge!
  • It had to be small and compact (about 2 by 3 inches!).
  • An outstanding quality, only the best parts I could find on the market.
  • The best COB led on the market with a high CRI and a suited color temperature.
  • Very powerfull (250 Watt no problem) with a lumen output varying from 16000 – 32000 lumen (switchable in different levels).
  • As little as possible mechanical parts to avoid malfunction.
  • An excellent cooling mechanism for the led and electronics. Direct Water Cooling (DWC).
  • Reliable and robust underwater connections
  • Maintainability and service of the lighting was be part of the engineering and development.
  • Mounting the lighting on all kinds of devices…..underwater scooters, ROV’s, diving helmets, trays for photography and video.

Right now I made a Li-Ion battery canister to power the light. The nominal voltage is 24V. I am looking for suppliers who can make a robust and reliable battery canister with a MC-BH-F2 connector. Li-Ion cells 7s3p or 7s2p would be good candidates.

To give you a 360 degree impression see: L4P high-lumen underwater light

20211226_122414.jpg20211226_122706.jpg

If you want to know more detais, please ask me!

John Wijers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom