Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Heard About It And Want To Try It

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • Only Use The Frog Kick

Votes: 59 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
My youngest daughter saw my Fiji pictures for the first time last night. When she saw this one she started laughing and pointed to the lowest diver and said, "He looks like a frog!"

attachment.php
Wow! She's right :D

Once I started using frog propulsion I rarely use any other kicks. I had a pool session the other day with a bunch of other PSD divers on the FD. We were supposed to just swim around for 10 minutes getting comfortable with our gear (keep in mind, most of these divers only dive for the dept and do the minimum dives required). Anyhow, I was automatically doing the frog kick. I got a few puzzled looks, but no-one asked me about it :wink:

I've tried it a few times but get calf cramps, must be doing something wrong.

hnladue:
It's probably me. I'm always within arms reach of my buddy. If they do a frog kick, I get kicked. I don't feel the frog kick is buddy-friendly! But I don't like being too far from my buddy. Call me a leach!

Leech, no. At least you don't outswim a tired buddy like one of my last ones did. I couldn't even catch up to that rocket when I switched to the flutter kick. That may have had to do with the fact that I started the drive to the quarry at 5:00 in the morning though. I was beat.

My primary kick is a frog kick. But, I doubt that it is as pretty as most of the people's here. I am still getting it down. To be honest, I have hit more masks with the flutter kick than the frog.

And, Pug, this is my regular buddy posting here. We normally know right where the other is heading before the dive buddy knows. Blame me for the floggings! :) But, try telling a former submariner that it is good to have someone in your baffles! :)

Lay on your stomach on the floor with your knees bent and feet up. Practice bringing the inside edges of your feet together with your ankles cocked. You won't be able to bring the bottoms of your feet together but that is what you are approximating.

I use flutter, frog and modified flutter. Personally, I need to switch between kicks, as my ankles start to swell up if I put them to use under force (frog kick, running, fast walking) for too long of a time. Legs are "strong like bull" but my ankles were just not made with too much endurance. Ah, well. Frog is my favorite at any rate.

Uncle Pug:
Lay on your stomach on the floor with your knees bent and feet up. Practice bringing the inside edges of your feet together with your ankles cocked. You won't be able to bring the bottoms of your feet together but that is what you are approximating.
I wonder how many people just did this! Besides me.

Since so many people are at work when they are reading SB, I envision people all over the world laying on the floor of their cubicles, knees bent trying to "clap" with their feet. :11:

Actually, I found it helpful and think I've determined where the problem is. Hey! I heard that. :D

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom