Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Heard About It And Want To Try It

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • Only Use The Frog Kick

Votes: 59 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm another one for using an appropriate kick. It's more often a frog than anything else, but modified flutter, modified frog, reverse, and helicopter all have their place.

MSilvia:
and helicopter all have their place.
Doesnt get you very far though does it :wink: Great for turning on a dime (sixpence in UK), but not great for propulsion :wink: Also not sure about your heli turn, but mine is pretty much the same position, slightly different action and timing than a frog, but essentially its a frog with a "twist" that i wouldnt put it in another catagory.

simbrooks:
essentially its a frog with a "twist" that i wouldnt put it in another catagory.
You're pretty much right, but I use it differently than I do a frog kick, so I think of it differently too.

I use the helicopter often... as well as the reverse kick... but like Simon says :)D) it is a variation of the frog kick.

I use the frog for almost everything in one variation or another except when I am jumping out of the water onto OE2X's R.I.B.

MSilvia:
You're pretty much right, but I use it differently than I do a frog kick, so I think of it differently too.
I was only pulling your (frog) leg about this being nit-picky for fun :wink:

I would like to see UP's frogging out of the water and into the boat though, sounds like it could rival the superman (or Neo taking off in Matrix) ascent position, at least in terms of visually, even if not a DCS risk :wink:

I find that frogging helps with my SAC because I can controll the drift at the end. I also like to throw in a " pull and glide" every now and then. The flutter kick just burns gas to quick for me.

Uncle Pug:
You think dinner is bad... you should see me milk the cows!
Do the cows have to do a frog kick while the police officers lie on their stomachs in a dairy yard looking on as they clap their feet?

I know, I know... that's udderly rediculous!

Christian

Back
Top Bottom