Friends of Dr. Bill, He needs your help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am pretty sure that all the pieces falling off help him look a like a pile of seaweed or kelp. If he gets a new, smooth flashy one the fish will be scared! Plus, a great white wont eat a sea lion if it looks like it has already been hit by a boat.

Hey Alberto! Thanks for speaking at our club last week!

I hope you've stamped "titanium" on that wetsuit somewhere, otherwise it's not gonna sell... :rofl3:

I am pretty sure that all the pieces falling off help him look a like a pile of seaweed or kelp. If he gets a new, smooth flashy one the fish will be scared! Plus, a great white wont eat a sea lion if it looks like it has already been hit by a boat.
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: I don't care who you are, that there is funny.

Teamcasa $40.00
Almitywife $20.00
Paradicio $20.00
ScooterBlenny $20.00

OK folks, we are up to $100.00 so far, plus one complete virtual wetsuit from DiveNav.

Since Bill would rather us buy his DVD's to keep his pride intact, I propose we collect a couple hundred more then buy him the new suit and he can make a donation of his DVD's to local schools in the same amount.

Hey, my M&B looks the way it does because three great white sharks converged on me at once. I fought them off and survived. That's why the ladies see Dr. Bill as such a manly man instead of a girlie boy. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it...

Geez, Dave... you sound like you are really serious about this. It's not pride, but the desire to make sure people get value for their "donation." After all, I could dip into my retirement account if my "Scotch" fingers weren't so inflexible.

Teamcasa $40.00
Almitywife $20.00
Paradicio $20.00
ScooterBlenny $20.00

OK folks, we are up to $100.00 so far, plus one complete virtual wetsuit from DiveNav.

Since Bill would rather us buy his DVD's to keep his pride intact, I propose we collect a couple hundred more then buy him the new suit and he can make a donation of his DVD's to local schools in the same amount.

Add $40 (real not virtual) :D

AM

Hey Alberto! Thanks for speaking at our club last week!
:

It was my pleasure. Did we meet personally?

I hope you've stamped "titanium" on that wetsuit somewhere, otherwise it's not gonna sell... :rofl3:
Good suggestion .... will stamp "titanium" right away :D

AM

Geez, Dave... you sound like you are really serious about this. It's not pride, but the desire to make sure people get value for their "donation." After all, I could dip into my retirement account if my "Scotch" fingers weren't so inflexible.

value for donation... you could do a twirl or 2 for us in the new suit i guess :eyebrow:

Just wanted to follow up on this. I appreciate Dave's concern and the willingness of several posters here to donate. However, I really can't in all good conscience accept this kindness.

I actually spent turkey day researching wetsuits on the Internet and found several in my price range that I could afford thanks to some recent editing projects for clients. Of course I will hold on to the M&B for when the water warms up next year.

It warms my heart to know that several of you were willing to do this. I am also quite amused by the fact that more people were willing to donate to get me a wetsuit than were willing to buy my Deal of the Century or other video offerings. Very interesting!

I hope none of you visiting the park will faint if you see me in a new wetsuit. Of course you probably won't even recognize me!

I have friends like you all to be thankful for on this special day. I also have to be thankful for Alka Seltzer and Pepto Bismol after eating one half of the 23# turkey I cooked for myself.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom