Friends of Dr. Bill, He needs your help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's all about the environment and weight loss. If I wear a wetsuit for 600 or more dives, and don't replace it until it absolutely falls apart or just gets too cold, I've saved on energy to make a new one and the solid waste from disposing of the old one. As for the weight loss, if I'm cold my body has to burn more fuel to keep me warm.

It's a good thing I haven't shown pictures of my favorite shoes or shorts. At least the underwear is all in good shape (in case I get into an accident... or I get lucky).

Last edited:
Bah, who needs a new wetsuit anyway... I did my dive today in a 3/2mm and was warm enough! The rest of you are just Warm Water Wussies... tee hee!

yup...coldest dive was 42* in a 7mm......Even without holes it was cccccolddddddddddddd. I am a warm water wussie, and proud of it!!!

Ha... some us are smart enough to avoid places with temperatures that low. My coldest dive ever was 48 F! Just teasing ya CheddarChick.

Ah Bill I know you don't have mean bone in your body....now..about your...er..... body hanging out of the holes. Remember the ZZ top song "something about a sharp dressed man"

Well, the old wetsuits certainly draw attention... I'm wondering if anyone will still talk to me if I'm wearing a brand new suit and look like I just got certified???

Last edited:
Well, the old wetsuits certainly draw attention... I'm wondering if anyone will still talk to me if I
'm wearing a brand new suit and look like I just got certified???

I can't imagine you looking like a nubee anyway you dressed???

That's true... I haven't pulled my "new" booties or dive gloves out of the dive locker yet, and I bought them at the same time as the 3/2mm. Just ask Dale and Kim Scheckler... Kim got a good laugh out of the booties I'm wearing still... toes sticking out and all.

Well, the old wetsuits certainly draw attention... I'm wondering if anyone will still talk to me if I'm wearing a brand new suit and look like I just got certified???

Yeah, I wouldnt wear a new suit either. Might draw the money grubbing girls DrBill!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom