Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't understand. You control how tight it is on your shoulders by tightening or loosening the belly band. The whole point of using them is to pull all the slack so the shoulder straps to it is easy to don and doff. Putting too much stuff on the belly band would limit how much adjustment is available.
So that opened my eyes as i looked over all the other photos and realized I have the only rig that has OMS ditchable weights on my waist webbing. Well this goes far in explaining why I had to take the rollers off to work on trim and control, if the misplaced weights are my real issue. It is only 4lb per pocket cold water diving,
So next I’ll remove OMS pockets and just pool dive to experiment with weight belt and trim weights to get body and BCD to both be closer nuetral buoyancy. Thank you!

So that opened my eyes as i looked over all the other photos and realized I have the only rig that has OMS ditchable weights on my waist webbing. Well this goes far in explaining why I had to take the rollers off to work on trim and control, if the misplaced weights are my real issue. It is only 4lb per pocket cold water diving,
So next I’ll remove OMS pockets and just pool dive to experiment with weight belt and trim weights to get body and BCD to both be closer nuetral buoyancy. Thank you!
It didn’t show well in my pic but I use weights on the waist belt but I don’t use a single piece harness, I use a modified “H” harness.

Have to get some hardware and webbing but my aluminum plate showed up today. Now just need VDH 18# to come in stock.

j6pr4qq.jpg

Have to get some hardware and webbing but my aluminum plate showed up today. Now just need VDH 18# to come in stock.

View attachment 501419

Good to hear production is moving along. I hope to have my SS plate by this summer so I can get my 'local diving kit' built around it... fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom