Closed XS Aluminum Freedom Plate

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a one-off (prototype) Extra Small Freedom Plate available for sale. This is a brand new model and size.

Specs:
Hight - 13”
Width - 9”
Weight - 13 oz.
Material - 1/8” 5051 aluminum
Wedge - aluminum 4 oz.
11” center holes
Surface - polished
Price -$150 free shipping (CONUS) sorry no shipping out of US.
Payment method - Paypal, or cash if local pick up.

Other notes:
Requires two separate pieces of webbing for the harness.
I designed it so that it would have 11” center holes for more up down adjustment of the wing.
The only thing I had to do was make the plate a little wider and the shoulder strap slots single and wider apart to accommodate the top wing hole.
I had to come up with a different shoulder strap slot design from previous models to account for the shortness of the plate. The way the shoulder straps attach in a single slot is by doubling up the webbing in the slot and placing a keeper on the back side (see photo). Or the strap could be looped through the slot singularly and attached back onto itself away from the plate with a large keeper capable of the thickness of two straps (see the other photo).
This plate is for short people, very small women, or children perhaps. It fits people from 4’-10” to 5’-5” 5’-6”? (approximately). Sizing is subjective. It is also intended to be a travel plate.
Best wings to use are a Vintage Double Hose wing, Oxycheq wing, or maybe a DGX wing.
Other wings might work too but the smallness of the plate needs to be taken into account when picking a wing.
This plate comes with a small aluminum wedge which bolts over the wing and provides some angle to set the tank at a better angle in relation to your body. Use of the wedge is optional provided that the wing has some form of roll control to stabilize the tank.
Please PM me if interested.
Thank you so much for looking.
22B36542-FBE6-46EC-B04C-924AA28D1BA7.jpeg
2AEA49A8-297C-4A0B-B3A7-8ECD777780E5.jpeg
5BA3397E-B775-41E3-AABD-26A735BDBCCF.jpeg
6F09DCC7-3B1B-4475-8A93-BBCF151F4ED1.jpeg

That's probably too small for my purposes. However, the first question that came to mind is, what is the distance between the center of the top and bottom bolt?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom