Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the "order" thread there was a mention of making the plate heavier {would love one too} for now I have tow 3# weights under the rail
45335893434_2f3805e579_c.jpg

I recently had 7# under there but I really don't like conventional soft weights all that much so I have the old seals ones there now, also use weight on the upper cam band. The plastic fin pocket insert is there to help the tank slide over the bulge of the weights. I'm trying the Dive Rite wing again because it allowed the extra weight to fit easier with its open middle design, the VDH wing was a little tight even with the inserts removed from the tank stabilizers.

Interesting. Isn't bolting on lead a lot more versatile solution? It's not like the Freedom Plate needs more strength (thickness).
Yes but I just haven’t been able to bring myself to drilling holes in the plate. It will probably happen though once we get a long run of bad diving conditions and I look for projects.

The red webbing supports a "rescue ring".
"Rescue Ring" aka? :)

@couv inspired this thread and it is long overdue. This is a stainless steel Freedom Plate, circa 2012:

Well I guess if I caused this, I should post pictures of my plates. Here is my stainless FP (number ?) with an Oxycheq wing.
Freedom Plate with Oxycheq wing.jpg

Here is the one and only (so far) EZ-Pak Freedom Plate's Cousin It's made from aluminum. At less than one pound it's very lightweight, travels nicely, and no, it's not for sale.
EZ-Pak.jpg

So in conversation with another diver about the pvc rollers with D-rings, has anyone had an issue in which they allow the webbing to tighten up too much while diving, making it really hard to get off the shoulders? I am not currently using them, as I am working on other things right now, but I wanted to resume using them in the summer, so I thought I should ask? If so, what stiffness of webbing, other details of the set up, might affect this?

has anyone had an issue in which they allow the webbing to tighten up too much while diving, making it really hard to get off the shoulders?

I don't understand. You control how tight it is on your shoulders by tightening or loosening the belly band. The whole point of using them is to pull all the slack so the shoulder straps are easy to don and doff. Putting too much stuff on the belly band would limit how much adjustment is available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom