Frances -- How Long Without Power?

How Long Was Your Power Out Thanks to Frances?

• Never lost power

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Less than 12 hours

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 12 to 24 hours

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 24 to 48 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 48 to 72 hours

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • 72 to 96 hours

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Over 96 hours

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
If you live anywhere in Florida affected by Frances, how long were you without power?

Only 21 hours, but my house is mostly solar, so my two 1680 amp/hour batteries carried me thru the first night, and the Generator ran the AC the next day. We lucked out pretty well.
Hope those without power still will get it back soon.

Something like 5 days after Charley, but hardly a half day on sunday - thought we had made it "through" when i found we still had it on sunday morning, only for it to shut off just as the tv crew were telling us the totals of how many were without power - shouted back at the TV "add another one to Orange Co" as it cut out! I think there were fewer trees to fall on the lines this time and that is why we got power back quicker this time!

Never lost it. Many of my co-workers lost it during Frances and Charley, but I was safe both times. I know I will be struck by the next storm because of my fabulous luck during the last two! I was definitely prepared, though...ready with camping stove and all. I did have to provide food, shower, and electricity to a certain other SB member, though, while his power was out during Charley....so that should count for some amount of torture!

Iruka:
Hope all of you in FL are doing okay. Being a veteran of quite a few typhoons here in Guam, hope this makes you feel better about YOUR particular situation: last "big" typhoon, 1 1/2 years ago---11 days, no water; 5 weeks, no power; 4 months, no phone; 6 1/2 months, no cable TV. We've had a couple close calls in the last few months, but the power was only out a day or so, which isn't even enough to get concerned about here. (around 3 days is the "problem" threshhold....because that means pretty much whatever is in your refrigerator has to get thrown out....if you leave the door shut, it'll be more-or-less ok up to 3 days.)

Iruka,
I sure wish the whiners in Brevard County could read your message. I lost power Saturday morning, and I still don't have power. But... I have my health, my generator, and fridge full of cold beer. I also made sure I had several days worth of drinking water... 36 gallons... I think I've used 4 gallons since they put us on a boil water notice. Fortunately... my phone line stayed up. For a while I used only my palm.. but now that I can run my generator... I was able to recharge the battery on my laptop.

Al

I just want to wish all in FL well. I can report that my brother-in-law works for the power company in Western PA. He and nine co-workers are somewhere in FL now. They started the journey down last Friday and arrived sometime on Monday. They were told to plan on being gone for up to 3 weeks.

I pray for your sake that Ivan heads somewhere else.

joeamit:
Never lost power here in Parkland. lost internet(cable) for a few hours.

You're lucky. East of Riverside and north of Holmberg in The Ranches is still out and not expected to be back until Friday.

Marc

JUST got power back tonight! No major damage to the house though others in the area are not so luck. FEMA is doing the usual song and dance of not having any answers other than a cute little ryhm "If it's yellow let it mellow if it's brown flush it down." Apparently the sewers do not work due to lift stations and "grinders" not having power so there is the chance that very soon the turd will swirl and not go down.
When faced with a simple task like laundry I think hmm how would great grand dad have doen this and have been very successful to make it through the rough part.. man that cold air feels good!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom