FOUND: a GoPro in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan on losing mine there next week. it'll be a new Hero 11.
:rofl3: Judging from some of the posts on SB, it seems Cozumel is a popular place to lose a GoPro.

Somehow I've managed to keep mine, a Hero 4, after at least 100 dives in Coz. But like a fellow diver said last week when I found the one I posted about here: everyone puts their name and contact info on their second GoPro.

I plan on losing mine there next week. it'll be a new Hero 11.

Don't even say that jokingly jajajajajaja

There is a whatsapp chat group for freelance instructors and owners - it's amazing what gets lost DAILY here!!!!

Fins, masks, tank bangers, cameras and even a tank with regulator....

Maybe these folks?

Attachments

• IMG_2532.jpeg
    IMG_2532.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 111
Once again, I advise owners of UW cameras to take a photo of a card or a computer screen with "THIS CAMERA BELONGS TO" information with email address and/or phone number, and to place it as the first image on the card. This worked a few years ago to get my wife's camera and strobe returned to her that had gotten away from her out on the reef. Another diver found them a couple of days later and shipped them back to her.

Once again, I advise owners of UW cameras to take a photo of a card or a computer screen with "THIS CAMERA BELONGS TO" information with email address and/or phone number, and to place it as the first image on the card.
I did that on all of my cameras, diving & non-diving. I don't understand how so many lose cameras as it's always seemed so easy to me to keep mine secured to my wrist until I hand it to the skipper, but I used to chuckle at people who left their phones behind until I had to go back to a Cozumel dock and ask about mine. Fortunately, a kind person had held onto to it for me. 🥸

I found a GoPro in Cozumel last week. I checked the dates of the videos, seems it was lost in the first half of June. If you think it could be yours, let me know: model, accessories, when first videos and last videos were made. If it's yours, I'll get it back to you intact.
Good morning! We lost our GoPro the first part of June in Cozumel on a night dive. Praying the one you found is ours! I'll be glad to describe it and also describe some of the videos on it to help identify it. I'm thrilled at just the possibility! :)

Good morning! We lost our GoPro the first part of June in Cozumel on a night dive. Praying the one you found is ours! I'll be glad to describe it and also describe some of the videos on it to help identify it. I'm thrilled at just the possibility! :)
I found a GoPro in Cozumel last week. I checked the dates of the videos, seems it was lost in the first half of June. If you think it could be yours, let me know: model, accessories, when first videos and last videos were made. If it's yours, I'll get it back to you intact.
It is a GoPro 10 with 2 filters that are connected and flip. It was on a black telescoping handle with a small blue band. At one point, it had a tethered clip but not sure if that would still be on there. We didn't take it the first couple of days of our trip so I believe the first videos from this year would be on or about 10th or 11th. The last video that should be a night dive on Yucab on June 13. There is video of my husband (grey hair with black and white shirt/rash guard at the C-53 wreck boat. Hope this helps!

It is a GoPro 10 with 2 filters that are connected and flip. It was on a black telescoping handle with a small blue band. At one point, it had a tethered clip but not sure if that would still be on there. We didn't take it the first couple of days of our trip so I believe the first videos from this year would be on or about 10th or 11th. The last video that should be a night dive on Yucab on June 13. There is video of my husband (grey hair with black and white shirt/rash guard at the C-53 wreck boat. Hope this helps!
Dang, sorry... the one I found isn't yours: it seems the one I found was lost (from the date of the last video) prior to June 10. None of the other elements of your description match either. Keep your fingers crossed though, seems like a lot of GoPros are found there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom