FOUND: a GoPro in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang, sorry... the one I found isn't yours: it seems the one I found was lost (from the date of the last video) prior to June 10. None of the other elements of your description match either. Keep your fingers crossed though, seems like a lot of GoPros are found there.
Oh shoot! I was really hoping it was ours! Oh well, thanks for being such an honest person and trying to find the owner. If you hear of any others being found, keep me in mind.... maybe there's a chance! :)

Oh shoot! I was really hoping it was ours! Oh well, thanks for being such an honest person and trying to find the owner. If you hear of any others being found, keep me in mind.... maybe there's a chance! :)
If there's one honest GoPro finder there's bound to be at least one more .... right?

If there's one honest GoPro finder there's bound to be at least one more .... right?
Absolutely! I really do appreciate your extra effort to let me know about this site and your willingness to help me!

Amazingly enough… I just finished a week in Coz (with Jungle Divers- excellent), and retained my GoPro. I had it on TWO clip on leashes. I came up after one dive, and ONE of the leashes had somehow come undone.

I had it on TWO clip on leashes. I came up after one dive, and ONE of the leashes had somehow come undone.
Interesting... I've always had mine mounted to the back of my right hand, the mounting bracket sewn into the back of a fingerless glove/strap. No leashes, no clips. I always have both hands free, and when I need to make video, I point my arm and shoot. It's been through hundreds of dives with me, never had a problem.

My daughter Lost my Hero 8 in Cozumel sometime summer ‘23. She also did the area cenotes. It Has an SD card Samsung 512 GB EVO. And a Soonsun waterproof housing. Lost with retractor connected, Im pretty sure. Image of the SD and housing.

Attachments

• IMG_3023.png
    IMG_3023.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 41
My daughter Lost my Hero 8 in Cozumel sometime summer ‘23. She also did the area cenotes. It Has an SD card Samsung 512 GB EVO. And a Soonsun waterproof housing. Lost with retractor connected, Im pretty sure. Image of the SD and housing.
Sorry... not a match for the one I found. Keep your fingers crossed, it could be found.

I met this Chilean woman in Cozumel in 2016 before my current marriage and we were hanging out for a few days, diving together and smoking weed and I somehow lost her gopro in the trunk of a rental car we took around the island. If anyone knows the person who stole it, I'd gladly buy the SD card back if the footage is still intact.

I met this Chilean woman in Cozumel in 2016 before my current marriage and we were hanging out for a few days, diving together and smoking weed and I somehow lost her gopro in the trunk of a rental car we took around the island. If anyone knows the person who stole it, I'd gladly buy the SD card back if the footage is still intact.
Good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom