Fort Lauderdale is killing sea turtles!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you PM when/where you'll be there.

And bring some of that caramel pop corn too :D I hear turtles love it!

Jenny, FYI there are two nests "in the zone" right now. HO 112 near the "house of lights" is at day 44 (and HO 106 nearby at day 51...I'm really not sure if it hatched out or not but it's still on the beach), then HO 111 is also at day 44 south of "Larry's House" (sort of in the center of North Beach Park's section north of Sheridan). I would REALLY APPRECIATE any time you can spend out there. 111 might be OK, but we know that 112 (and 106 if it's still live) is going to disorient...badly.

They need to stay tucked in the sand for just one more night. Will be out tomorrow and Saturday.
106 is the one we were at the other night. Moon is coming full, wonder if it will encourage them to come on out..

The FWC is much better to publicize and direct just such an effort.

The FWC is grossly undermanned and under resourced, waiting for government bureaucracy to take action, especially from such a overworked and undermanned agency as FWC is a recipe for inaction.

The FWC is grossly undermanned and under resourced, waiting for government bureaucracy to take action, especially from such a overworked and undermanned agency as FWC is a recipe for inaction.

Thanks. It just seems crazy that they cannot task a handful of staff in order to leverage their impact with a couple hundred unpaid volunteers. I could not make it to the Juno Beach Marine Life facility yesterday but surely will today and report back with the situation in Northern Palm Beach County anyway...

There is nothing there Jenny.....I guess my firewall blocks whatever it is.

It should work now. Thanks for the head's up.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom