Fort Lauderdale is killing sea turtles!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you two can match the financial resources of a state agency
OMG :spit: you are really on a good comedy roll today! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I say Godspeed to the both of you. I will also volunteer a night in Broward anytime so long as you can promise that Debby won't beat me up...:D
It's REAL obvious you don't know me. I am 100% nonviolent. I might totally ignore you, though. :snicker:

Not at all. I will volunteer my time locally if they deem it necessary. The FWC is much better able to publicize and direct just such an effort. I start with the best solution first then move to the next best solution if previous step fails. This management tool has served myself and many, many others quite well since the dawn of time...

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
I gotta agree with Debby here..
you are really on a good comedy roll today!

How would you know if your volunteer time is necessary or not? you haven't looked into it yet...

In case you haven't noticed for the past 25 years they keep cutting services and raising our taxes. yeah. they do a stellar job.:shakehead::shakehead:
I'm stopping now before I go on a rant and derail this thread more than it is already. but hey, thanks for the laughs.

We would NOT need an "army of volunteers" if the cities would do their job and enforce the lighting regulations. That's where the gooberment's efforts need to be focused. If the cities would enforce the laws, I could get some sleep in the summer instead of sitting camped outside of some jerk's house because he refuses to dim his lights.

I have to agree. If there is a law, then enforce it EQUALLY. We (Police, By Law Enforcement....whomever) should not be entitled to be selective in which laws to enforce and which to not enforce.

We would NOT need an "army of volunteers" if the cities would do their job and enforce the lighting regulations. That's where the gooberment's efforts need to be focused. If the cities would enforce the laws, I could get some sleep in the summer instead of sitting camped outside of some jerk's house because he refuses to dim his lights.

Can't do "thanks" multiple times....

So, City of Ft. Lauderdale, when are you going to start enforcing the ordinances you have set?
Ft. Lauderdale Lighting Ordinance Sec.6-51
"It is the policy of the City of Fort Lauderdale that no artificial light shall illuminate any area of the incorporated beaches of Fort Lauderdale, Florida."
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=...s/stories/docs/Turtle_Beach_Lighting_Laws.pdf
Sec. 6-51. - Lighting standards for existing development.
… no lighting shall be seen from the beach at night time during nesting season (emphasis
added). Lights illuminating dune crosswalks of any areas westward of the dune line shall be
turned off at nighttime during nesting season. Lights illuminating any buildings …not visible
from the beach at nighttime during nesting season, or shall be turned off….
(2) …Window treatments shall be installed in windows and glass doors …facing the beach so
that lights are not visible from the beach, or filming in compliance with this division shall be
installed on the exterior of all such windows and glass doors, so that internal lights are not visible
from the beach. Shade screens can be substituted for this requirement. Existing security lighting
shall be screened in such a way that those lights do not illuminate the beach. Existing wall and
overhead lighting on balconies and catwalks shall be fitted with screens or hoods that minimize
backlighting and reduce their visibility from the beach. Installation of any new security lighting
and lighting on balconies and catwalks shall comply with section 6-49 of this division.
(3) Commercial signage facing the ocean or in the line-of-sight of the beach shall not be
illuminated during nighttime hours of nesting season….

(Ord. No. C-03-9, § 1, 2-18-03)

Mario Sotolongo (954) 828-6326

Dick Eaton cell (954) 873-8911

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
I gotta agree with Debby here..
you are really on a good comedy roll today!

How would you know if your volunteer time is necessary or not? you haven't looked into it yet...

No. To be honest, I have not heard that there is a similar problem in PBC. If so, please advise...

In case you haven't noticed for the past 25 years they keep cutting services and raising our taxes. yeah. they do a stellar job.:shakehead::shakehead:
I'm stopping now before I go on a rant and derail this thread more than it is already. but hey, thanks for the laughs.

I very much notice what's going on around me (local, national and international). Please do attempt to lecture me if you wish...

No. To be honest, I have not heard that there is a similar problem in PBC. If so, please advise...

I very much notice what's going on around me (local, national and international). Please do attempt to lecture me if you wish...

:shakehead::shakehead:

A friend from my fishing club speaks of her experience.

Sad. Very sad.

The Turtles need your help. If you can't volunteer to come to the beach and watch nests, please consider writing letters to city officials. Tell others about what is happening. Get the word out. The turtles need your help!

Sad. Very sad.

The Turtles need your help. If you can't volunteer to come to the beach and watch nests, please consider writing letters to city officials. Tell others about what is happening. Get the word out. The turtles need your help!

I'm in with my wife and kids will you be out there this Friday or Saturday?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom