forgotten suit case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark G

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was awakened this morning with a phone call from friends who are on there way to St. Lucia and they said they forgot there 13 yr old's suitcase at home and could I try and get it to them! well I called the airline no help there and ups/fedex want 2 to 3 hundred to get it there in five days into a one week vacation. Unless someone has any ideas this young teen girl will be living in flip flops and a bathing suit all week! Well a guess when I look at it that way it ain't that bad

Sounds to me like a great excuse for her to go shopping. Won't that just break her heart?!

Not the least bit surprised. How many times in an airport have you heard the announcement about keeping your bags to yourself and not accepting bags or packages from others you dont know.

Dont ever think they ....the airport...airlines...TSA....will take a bag like that left behind.

That is what DHL or FEDEX or some other company is for.

I guess they need a check list to go over before leaving the house.

The suitcase was, if I understand, forgotten "at home". There is really no practical way to forward a forgotten item once the plane has left. Any delivery system takes too long and costs too much. There are issues here about personal responsibility, making and double checking lists, having everything accounted for and centrally assembled at least a day in advance, etc. A 13 year old should have her own small simple carry on, adequate for a week.
It's bad enough to have to rely on airlines, baggage handlers, and the TSA. A traveler is faced with too many hazards as it is; adding yourself to the list of potential problems is really unnecessary and unfortunate.

I'm sure a bathing suit and flip flops is all she really needs...Tell them to pick her up a couple cheap t-shirts (That they probably would have bought anyway) and a pair of shorts! Good to go!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom