Force Fins, buying used .......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

udevil

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a foolproof way to tell the original from the pro? Color doesn't cut it and a pro tag on the bungies just means the pro bungie was an add on! Most buyers don't know what they're getting until they get them home ... any advice?:confused:

I am waiting for Blair to pop in and answer this for you for sure, but I believe that the tag on the bungie comes with the fin not the bungie kit. So if it says Pro then you have a pro. All of my tags are held on by the screw.

But if you lost that, I am not sure how to tell a black Original from a black Pro visually, Hopefully Bob has something that I am not aware of.

I am still in PERU so sorry for the delay on getting to the board. All Force Fins no matter if they are nylon strap or bungie will have the PRO label on them if they are PROS. FORCE Fin will ask you what Fin model you have before you buy the replacement straps be it bungie or nylon so if it has a PRO label on it is a PRO. You you the differnce between the 2 models are stiffness so the way I test them is to put my arm through the foot pocket and then take my index and middle finger together and place them on the under part of the fin (which I put in a upside position) in the middle and use my fingers as a test to the stiffness of the blade in a grabbing motion, but with 2 fingers. What if you have only felt an orginal or a pro or as in your case buying used fins? I will be adding to this post soon as I know there is another method to assist you, just be patience and I or the FIn Doc will get back to you! Thank for the post! Great question. Hope this helped for starters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom