Force E Boynton Beach open, Boynton Beach Dive Center closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure why anyone would bring in another dive boat to Boynton..... Most of the ones I see out on the water operate with sparse attendance.
Not when the groupers aggregate. But I already realized my mistake.

Sorry, I mistook them for dive shop in Pompano, on who's boat Force-E chartered me once. It all resulted in a mess. The dive shop cancelled the trip and did not call me, telling me when I arrived that since Force-E put me on their boat, it was Force-E's responsibility to call me. Force-E said they had no idea the trip was cancelled. In the end, I decided never to use middlemen again and book my trips only directly with the boat running dive shops.

I hear that! I use Force-E all the time but not for booking charters. I always book directly. The middleman just adds a layer of complexity and another failure point. Most of the people booking with them are either students or tourists who don’t want to do the research on where to dive & with whom. There are a surprising number who do that.

But there is one scenerio for booking dives that Force E shines. That's for the quick-short notice dive request, geared toward out of towners visiting. If you know a specific type of dive you want (lemons/lobster/wreck/guided) and less than 48>36hr notice and no idea for that area who is running & available.......Force E is your best & quickest way to get on that boat. The reason is because they have that type of captain coming into their shops every day to drop/pickup tanks and the captains talk to the shops and let them know what they are doing for trips.

The captains tell the shops if they are Sold out/Have photogs coming/Hunters diving/etc. Force E with one phone call & 10 minutes, can usually get you back an answer because that captain will pick up the call rather than send your's to voicemail. The answer maybe yes or maybe no (like a lobster mini-season ride) but you'll have a yes or no answer quicker than the hours it will take you to call around and wait for a return call. Over half the charters are small 6 packs and not on line for bookings. Force E knows those captains and has their private cell phone numbers.

We all STARE at the wave height forecasts, and if you can jump on a flight or skip a day of local meetings and just itching when viewing the inlet cameras,,,,Then Force E can many times pull a miracle for you.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom