For those of you who dive solo . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKimmie:
It is just diving. We're allowed to dive however we like aren't we :)

understood, but we gotta keep the inner canine in check if you want to be heard...you know.

chip, i think the movie might help me too. It kinda reminds me of the MJ film in health class in high school, though.

catherine96821:
understood, but we gotta keep the inner canine in check if you want to be heard...you know.
:) is that a monk seal? I love them.

I suppose I don't appreciate being called any name.

I also don't mind if someone tunes me out, I don't need to be heard. But post one was almost an advertisment for DIR and I just wasn't going to let it pass by without a comment.

The funny thing is I've had a ton of PM's patting me on the back from people who've been labled a troll by this same group. Imagine that :)

ScubaKimmie:
..... you just wanted to bash someone who called your wife on pushing her dir mantra.
I don't see where she has been pushing any DIR mantra. She relied upon her DIR training and experiences with DIR-trained buddies to describe the "perfect buddy", but the real heart of her question was simply ----

"Those of you who dive solo, would you do it if you had a dive buddy who:..... <one vision of the perfect buddy edited out>"

Having briefly met and dived with Lynne and Peter, and having observed her many posts, I assume that she doesn't have any hidden agenda in her question.

If you want to do battle with obnoxious DIR wanna be's, you'll have plenty of other chances. :)

ScubaKimmie:
:) is that a monk seal? I love them.

I suppose I don't appreciate being called any name.

I also don't mind if someone tunes me out, I don't need to be heard. But post one was almost an advertisment for DIR and I just wasn't going to let it pass by without a comment.

The funny thing is I've had a ton of PM's patting me on the back from people who've been labled a troll by this same group. Imagine that :)

It's not exactly the tip of a sinister anti-outsider iceberg or anything.

But since you're here, why don't you give us a bit of a bio so we can deescalate this and get to know you a bit.

I'm guessing you're a refugee from rec.scuba....

R..

SK, I am always a little careful about people who pm behind the scenes but won't say it up front. At least with you, we know what you really think....yea, monk seal. i love them too.

Diver0001:
I'm guessing you're a refugee from rec.scuba....

R..
I am certainly not :)

I've filled a couple of things out on my bio. I'm not so certain I"ll be around long enough to get to know better so I won't bother with anything else yet.

Seems if I'm new with an opinion that differs I'm a troll.

Catherine how is the monk seal population on Oahu doing? I lived on Maui for awhile and they were getting harder to find when I left.

1200 more or less....they hang out sometimes by China wall (Portlock, Oahu, near where I live) :D

catherine96821:
SK, I am always a little careful about people who pm behind the scenes but won't say it up front. At least with you, we know what you really think....yea, monk seal. i love them too.
I was just thinking that as I was reading down.
If I may add my 2psi worth here. It seems to me Lynne may have been a little "collective like" in her first post. I think like many of us SK saw that and wanted to respond. Peter jumped in to the fray because it's his wife (hey I would too) , but started insinuating things that we're apparent, at least to me. (didn't see troll anywhere)
Now I think you both should go, count to 10 then come back and play nice:D

I would do classes sometimes at Ulua and if you went to the south side of the beach a monk seal would come visit, every so often. So playful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom