For sale - Dr says no more diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave G Wisc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've been diving for 50 years. I can't believe it but the doc says no more. This was my number 1 hobby. Anyway, I have the following gear that needs a new home.

Contact info: Dave
Shawano Wisconsin
Phone: 715-280-0783

Ikelite ds125 strobe with smartcharger $300

Ikelite ds125 strobe with smartcharger but tabs on battery are broken. The strobe works but needs a new battery $150

2 Ikelite manual EV controllers $100 ea

2 Ikelite two piece strobe arms $75 ea one with 3-way knuckle for mounting a dive light

Ikelite tray $20

Pelican case for photo equipment $100

Uwatec Aladdin pro ultra (Nitrox) dive computers with brand new battery $100

Apollo womens large Dry Suit with ankle weights $400 (exterior pocket not installed but included - easy install) includes hood, dry gloves.

2 100 cf steel tanks $225 ea. I'll pay 42 for hydro and VI or 183 ea

2 80 cf steel tanks $200 ea. I'll pay 42 for hydro and VI or 158 ea

30 cf alu pony with quick release mount (mounts to main tank strap and has a quick release pull pin) $125 as is.

Poseidon Jetstream Oden DIN (yoke included) with Oden yellow octo, Halcyon pressure gauge, dry suit & bc hose. Rebuilt last year and not used since $500

Atomic Z1 DIN (yoke included) with yellow Z1 octo. Suunto Pressure gauge, dry suit & bc hose. Rebuilt last year and not used since. $400

Apekx ap20 reg DIN (yoke included) with Suunto pressure gauge $150 (set up for use with pony)

BC womens SeaQuest Libra includes soft weights $75

BC mens Oxycheq with air horn and Halcyon ss plate $200

BC Men's USD Malibu includes soft weights $75

UK HID lightcannon with charger, needs new HID bulb $45

2 weight belts with rubberized weights and SS buckles $20 ea.

DUI weight harness $5

Training weight belt. Pouches each side with Velcro for rapid weight adjustment $15

2 Poseidon Triton 2nd stage regulators unknown condition $10 ea.

6' Halcyon sausage $20

Ice dive line and spool $5

HP tank fill adapter $10

Titanium dive knife $20

3 extra low pressure hoses $5 ea

Sorry to hear that Dave. I’d keep finding different doctors until one told me I could keep diving.

If that knife is a folding ocean master, I’m all over it.

I cannot imagine how I would deal with this news... I agree that I would be seeking a second or tenth opinion as needed.

I am possibly in the same boat for the last year... no diving (due to cancer in my case). You have my sympathy. Have you contacted DAN about this. I wouldn't trust the opinion of a normal doctor. It is no surprise that many have no clue about the effects of diving.

I am possibly in the same boat for the last year... no diving (due to cancer in my case). You have my sympathy. Have you contacted DAN about this. I wouldn't trust the opinion of a normal doctor. It is no surprise that many have no clue about the effects of diving.
Not to take anything away from the sale thread, but how does diving adversely effect your prognosis? I can only imagine that when I get cancer, I will dive until I am physically unable.

Not to take anything away from the sale thread, but how does diving adversely effect your prognosis? I can only imagine that when I get cancer, I will dive until I am physically unable.

Good question since neither of my main doctors had a clue about WHY it might affect my diving.

Good luck with your sale, Dave, but I really hope you will contact DAN. You sound like me... a passion for diving (I usually did night dives in summer to avoid the crowds) and I know how it hurts when told to stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom