For sale - Dr says no more diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hear that Dave. I’d keep finding different doctors until one told me I could keep diving.
I agree!
sometimes-you-just-need-to-let-the-wookie-win.jpg

Cancer (survivor), Coronary artery disease and the two biggies.

1: I've had multiple severe concussions. The doc is concerned that the scaring makes DCS a crap shoot. Scar tissue prohibits nitrogen release.

2: Protein floaters from decompression. My Right eye is having some issues.

I am - was - a DAN member and I've had it confirmed.

I appreciate your comments, one and all. I've had dives that I'll remember for the rest of my life. From Sea snake migration in the Philippines to Orcas in BC to being in krill with Humpbacks singing the attack. I know I could just keep going. I REALLY LOVE diving but for me I guess I'm at that point where I'll be risking loving it to death.

Besides, would you really want to buddy up with me on a dive? Would you want to be there when I get bent, out worse? OF COURSE NOT! I can not put a fellow diver into that kind of a spot.

Yea, I am sure I can find some Dr. Who says go for it, but to what end? Believe me, I thank God for what I have been able to see and experience.

That’s tough news. Very sorry to hear.

Shoot me a PayPal address in a PM. I’ll take the Uwatec Aladin Pro Ultra. I’ve got someone in mind who’s just starting what I hope will be a long dive career. It’ll still get plenty of use.

I've been diving for 50 years. I can't believe it but the doc says no more. This was my number 1 hobby. Anyway, I have the following gear that needs a new home.

I've been diving for 49 years so I'm not liking this thread very much. When my time comes I won't need to sell anything because my kids and grandkids will want it all :)

Tough thread for me to follow too. I have the same first name, same last initial, and I've been certified for 51 years. I have my share of physical conditions and am constantly evaluating what my limits should be. I try to treat/use all my various Physicians as consultants. Sounds to me like Dave G has listened to the advice and integrated his own view...as it should be. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck. Going back to the OP to see if there's anything there I can make use of.

Back
Top Bottom