Fool's April MegaDive, April 1st-3rd 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Megadivers Attending and Food List
To add your name... Hit quote on the latest food list, then once your in reply mode, delete the quote part off the front and end of the message. Then you can type your info in and repost.(leave these directions in your post for the next person)

Cardzard and Roxanne - Chicken drums and wings, A cooler full of water, diet and non-diet sodas, and juices for the kids for the group dinner. Then for breakfast, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some assorted veggies for the omelets. Glow sticks for Galaxy Dive.
joystershell & MegaMikey - For breakfast; (2) dozen Mega-Muffins, (2) half gallons of Orange Juice and (2) dozen eggs. and BUG SPRAY!
scubaman05 and Denise - Propane tank, burner, cooking pot and cole slaw.
Tao of the Dive and family (3) - 18 or two dozen eggs, OJ, milk, chicken fingers for grill, trash bags, cheese, bacon/sausage for omelets, homemade Brunswick stew made from Tao’s pulled pork for sat night with, deserts for Saturday night, and two bags of self-starting charcoal briquettes.
Heath and Jim Sapp - Eggs, cheese, wraps and dessert for dinner.
UCF Diver + 1 -Eggs (how many do you guys usually go through?)
Deep Sea Wolf And Family ? -
Scuba_Jenny and Hermit Crab - Paper plates, plastic eating utensils, paper towels, S'mores stuff. Rum tote. Will bring more, but haven't decided what yet....
Scubafool and family, +1 and maybe 2 more- Firewood, but more will be needed; 2 dozen eggs; shredded cheese + other breakfast fixings, turkey fryer for breakfast omelet cooking, tiki torches and fuel, toys for tots, deviled eggs for community dinner, and some hollow logs with animal skins on one end
Jeano Beano - Chips , dips , bratwurst (not brats) , Salsa , Hot dog and Brat Buns , potato salad. (baked beans if anyone wants some)..Oh , mustards too.
Brewone0to & Shelly - potato salad, cole slaw, eggs, hot dogs & various assorted condiments.
MontanaFL & Scorpio2012 + Kenny - Firewood (will try to bring more than last year), tortilla's for breakfast, eggs, chocolate martini's, forks, chicken breast's, other stuff we find as were shopping.
UseMyLungs (Gabe+Rebecca) - 18-24 ct. Hamburgers and buns.
rparham1 and brendap - 18-24 ct. Hamburgers and buns.
JahJahwarrior + 1 - Omelet fixings: Eggs & Chopped Veggies, Protein for the grill, and Freshly baked cookies for dessert.
Schudini+1 - not sure yet, probably eggs for the morning and hot dogs for later
NetDoc and Mselenaous -
UCF Dive club (10) -
cgvmer -
mchollan -
jamesdavis007 and karenls70 -

Here's what's still needed...
Meat items for the grill and buns
Looks like we have plenty of hotdogs, but could use some more hamburgers.
Cheese, onions, lettuce and tomatoes.
Charcoal (self-starting)
Condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo, BBQ sauce)
Side dishes (potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad, etc.)
Deserts (Oh please don't forget the deserts!)
Fire Wood (for the camp fire)

I have been trying to talk my wife into trying scuba diving. I asked her if when we go to Ginnie Springs if she would be interested in seeing if she might like it, she said yes. I am looking to see if there might be an instructor attending that can do an inexpensive discovery scuba with her.
If we have any instructors that are interested...

Well crap. Something came up and Dawn and I have to go out of town that weekend, so we are out. :depressed:
Hopefully we'll see you 2 in the fall.

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in forever. Wish I could come but work is finally picking up. Plan on doing the vortex spring dive. Hope everyone has as much fun as I had in the past.
Sorry you can't make it. Maybe in the fall.
We're going to try to make it to vortex springs too. Maybe we'll see you there.

Don't forget there's a intro to cavern class if anyone's still interested And Capt Jim your welcome to join us for breakfast, dinner, galaxy dive and campfire. :D

I'm going to the Invasion. Are you?
Jump in with the rest of the crew while space is still available!

Jeano Beano - Chips , dips , bratwurst (not brats) , Salsa , Hot dog and Brat Buns , potato salad. (baked beans if anyone wants some)..Oh , mustards too.

:shocked: What? No bratwurst buns?

- Bratwurst, no buns

- No Brats, buns

:hmmm:

(I'm just messing with ya :): )

Are you gonna make megadive Insta-Gator? :idk:

Not this time, sadly. Just spent money on wetsuits & stuff, have my AOW cert dives beginning 4/29/11 and plane tickets to Grand Cayman to pay for next month. Between all that and the trip to Panama we just returned from, I'm broke (or my wife is broke, she's still working and I'm retired so the money doesn't grow on trees any more :D ) I'm keeping this thread as a subscription because I sincerely like to follow who's who and try to get to know y'all before I actually get the pleasure of meeting y'all in person. That will be a good day that I'm looking forward to.

Cardzard and Roxanne - Chicken drums and wings, A cooler full of water, diet and non-diet sodas, and juices for the kids for the group dinner. Then for breakfast, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some assorted veggies for the omelets. Glow sticks for Galaxy Dive.
joystershell & MegaMikey - For breakfast; (2) dozen Mega-Muffins, (2) half gallons of Orange Juice and (2) dozen eggs. and BUG SPRAY!
scubaman05 and Denise - Propane tank, burner, cooking pot and cole slaw.
Tao of the Dive and family (3) - 18 or two dozen eggs, OJ, milk, chicken fingers for grill, trash bags, cheese, bacon/sausage for omelets, homemade Brunswick stew made from Tao’s pulled pork for sat night with, deserts for Saturday night, and two bags of self-starting charcoal briquettes.
Heath and Jim Sapp - Eggs, cheese, wraps and dessert for dinner.
UCF Diver + 1 -Eggs (how many do you guys usually go through?)
Deep Sea Wolf And Family ? -
Scuba_Jenny and Hermit Crab - Paper plates, plastic eating utensils, paper towels, S'mores stuff. Rum tote. Will bring more, but haven't decided what yet....
Scubafool and family, +1 and maybe 2 more- Firewood, but more will be needed; 2 dozen eggs; shredded cheese + other breakfast fixings, turkey fryer for breakfast omelet cooking, tiki torches and fuel, toys for tots, deviled eggs for community dinner, and some hollow logs with animal skins on one end
Brewone0to & Shelly - potato salad, cole slaw, eggs, hot dogs & various assorted condiments.
MontanaFL & Scorpio2012 + Kenny - Firewood (will try to bring more than last year), tortilla's for breakfast, eggs, chocolate martini's, forks, chicken breast's, other stuff we find as were shopping.
UseMyLungs (Gabe+Rebecca) - 18-24 ct. Hamburgers and buns.
rparham1 and brendap - 18-24 ct. Hamburgers and buns.
JahJahwarrior + 1 - Omelet fixings: Eggs & Chopped Veggies, Protein for the grill, and Freshly baked cookies for dessert.
Schudini+1 - not sure yet, probably eggs for the morning and hot dogs for later
NetDoc and Mselenaous -
UCF Dive club (10) -
cgvmer -
mchollan -
jamesdavis007 and karenls70 -
Bigdogdown - Condiments and eggs, anything else if someone needs.

Here's what's still needed...
Meat items for the grill and buns
Looks like we have plenty of hotdogs, but could use some more hamburgers.
Cheese, onions, lettuce and tomatoes.
Charcoal (self-starting)
Condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo, BBQ sauce)
Side dishes (potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad, etc.)
Deserts (Oh please don't forget the deserts!)
Fire Wood (for the camp fire)[/QUOTE]

:blinking: Some volunteers are needed for

Breakfast - Scubafool is the breakfast chef :stirpot: , but we need 1 or 2 people each day (Sat. and Sun.) to help gather the breakfast fixins from everyone, set it up on the table, crack eggs for the baggies, and clean up afterwards.

Sat. Dinner - I'll be the chef this time :gas: as Deep Sea Wolf has to do that nasty four letter word "work" :rofl3: , but I need 1 or 2 people to help gather the dinner fixins from everyone, set it up on the table, and clean up afterwards.

Thanks to the fools, I mean volunteers for all your help. :kiss2:

Ok, here is the rundown for anyone who missed it.

Fool's April Megadive 2011 - Fri., Apr. 1 - Sun., Apr. 3rd.
Come 1 day or the whole weekend.​

All are welcome. This event is open to all dive levels, newbie OW, all the way to full cave certification. If you don't have a buddy, don't worry, there are a bunch of us and there's always someone ready for a dive! Diving is set at your own pace, when and where you want in between eating and sleeping. The only dive that is a scheduled dive will be the galaxy dive around dusk on Sat. evening. As it is a family event, there are plenty of non divers and kids too.

Ginnie Springs has a full service dive shop and a pretty nice little store. They also rent canoes, kayaks and tubes for use on the river. Check out their website below for further info, park maps and directions.
Florida Staycation vacation place for scuba diving & Florida ecotourism
Or give them a call at Ginnie Springs Outdoors 1-386-454-7188

When you get to Ginnie Springs, you'll need to check in the Main Office, tell them you are with ScubaBoard as we are to get a 10% discount. If you check in on Friday and won't be diving until Sat., go ahead and pay for your diving then and get your wrist bands. It can get really busy on Sat. and you don't want to waste your time waiting in line again. Don't for get your c cards and the diving form can be downloaded ahead time from there website to save time checking in.
We have the Turkey Roost area reserved. Most of us will be tent camping. Some though do stay in town at the motel, but you'll miss a lot of the fun... There isn't electricity where we're camping, but the are several taps with running water and grills. There is electricity at the pavilion and the bathrooms w/showers are a short walk away. Don't forget to bring chairs :meeting: for around the fire and bug spray if the bugs like you. No need to make reservations, but sign up on this thread and let us know how many are attending and what you'll be bringing to pitch in.

Friday- All meals will be on your own. Some will go out to dinner; some will cook at the campsite. It's up to you.
Campfire - :gas: :meeting: a little smores, a little music, a little singing,
a little drinking(BYOB):coke: or not, keeping it mild in anticipation of the big day of diving on Sat. :dance:

Saturday-
Brekky - :coffee: MegaOmlettes, group buffet style. Not to be missed...

Lunch- On your own.

Dinner - Group buffet style somewhere around 5:00. Bring something to share.. Read the latest post on whos attending and what their bringing to see what is still needed. Then copy the list, add you name/names and what your bringing.
Galaxy Dive - :goingdown: Around dusk. Not to be missed... :popcorn:
Campfire -:gas: :meeting: a lot of music :rockband:, a lot of singing, :cheers: a lot of drinking(BYOB):drunks: or not. Just lots of fun! :jb: Not to be missed...

Sunday
Brekky-
:coffee: MegaOmlettes group style.

If anyone has a question, feel free to ask. See you there!!!

You forgot to schedule sleep Roxanne...lol. Since you didn't do that, SOMEBODY, invariably, will forget to sleep...lol. Last year, it was Ken... who will it be this year?

Unfortunately, the paychecks will not hit in time for Megadive this April. I am sorry to say we won't be attending. Also the fact that I'll be working Friday and Saturday kills most of the activities. We will see everyone on the Halloween Megadive I hope.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom